Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

small loans blank document

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1small loans blank document Empty small loans blank document Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:42 am

Fr0stburn

Arresto Menor

Good day po. I need advice on something. The situation is this, I took out a salary loan on a lending company and over time I was able to pay off almost all of the total 60 thousand pesos down to only 9 thousand but since then as having resigned from my employment due to some problems back home, I was not able to update my payments so that it went up to 16 thousand in interest and penalty. I reached out to the company and I gave them a promissory note. What I want to ask is this: during the time we agreed on the terms of payment for the balance, they asked for a specimen signature on a blank piece of paper an they kept it along with my files. I did not realize what happened until so until later. Can they use that signature to write just about anything to show that I agreed to put up any property of mine as collateral on a non-collateral loan?

2small loans blank document Empty Re: small loans blank document Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:46 pm

Filia

Filia
Reclusion Perpetua

Yes, they can do everything they want about that signature even as against you but you could always put up the defense that you were only made to sign it. The truth is your defense.

3small loans blank document Empty Re: small loans blank document Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:40 pm

Fr0stburn

Arresto Menor

thank you for the reply. I just also would like to ask clarification on this. Is it considered a legal document as it was not signed in the presence of any witnesses so it cannot be notarized right?

4small loans blank document Empty Re: small loans blank document Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:43 pm

Fr0stburn

Arresto Menor

thank you for the reply. I just also would like to ask clarification on this. Is it considered a legal document as it was not signed in the presence of any witnesses so it cannot be notarized right?

5small loans blank document Empty Re: small loans blank document Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:05 pm

Filia

Filia
Reclusion Perpetua

What do you mean when you say legal document? Anyways, documents need not be notarized to be binding. What notarization does is to make a document a public document, thus the matters therein may not be questioned.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum