Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

TENANT'S REFUSAL TO ABIDE BY AGREEMENTS

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

berzon

Arresto Menor

My mom has an apartment with a tenant who moved in a month ago and paid only the 2 months deposit but agreed to our written agreement to pay the 1 month advance and to sign the contract on a set date. They did not obliged and instead made several alibis and extensions of their stay in the unit. My mom already gave several notices verbally to vacate the unit but they kept on doing the same alibis. What legal steps could she do to make them vacate the unit? Is it legal to cut off the water, electricity and to padlock the unit without abusing her authority?

attyLLL

start with a written notice to vacate in 5 days, then file a case at the bgy. hopefully, there can be an arrangement reached there to vacate.

i would not recommend cutting off utilities unless it was agreed to in the lease contract. such a stipulation has been upheld, but the stipulation has to exist in the first place.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum