Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Appointment as Brgy Treasurer Denied due to Gender Preferences By the Sangguniang Barangay

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

angelito

Arresto Menor

Greetings! I was appointed Brgy Treasurer by no less than the Barangay Chairman but The Sangguniang Barangay denied and the appointmnet was disapproved on the basis that what they need is a Lady Brgy. Treasurer, also, the Brgy Kagawads who now sit were my former adversaries in the last Brgy elections, i sense they did this to get back at me.. What shall I do, sirs, do i have some legal basis to challenge them? What should I do?
Thank you and more power sirs. Is that considered ABUSE OF AUTHORITY?

attyLLL

i'm afraid i'm not that familiar regarding the rules in assigning a treasurer, but if you can prove that that gender was the sole basis for refusing your appointment then you can file a complaint with the mayor's office or dilg.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum