Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Law firm holding original documents and trying to take advantage for their good;

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Daireppu

Arresto Menor

We are now asking law firm to arrange the documentary requirements for the transfer of ownership between the former members and present members.

Then, we have observed their work is not smooth enough to finish the order we asked. Because the process took almost a year without any updates from them.

So we try to withdraw our order, because we found out that urgently we need to change also the representative for Business Permit since the board resolution for appointing new officers has been executed. And that Board Resolution is kept with the law firm will be needed for the amendment of Business Permit.

However, the law firm said, instead of returning the documents, they will be the one processing it and there will be another charge on it.

Even though, we said if the process for the ownership transfer takes more time, we will be the one process for the amendment of Business Permit. And they do not give the documents back. 

The law firm has been introduced by the former owners and we did not have any choices upon the transition of the ownership.

Then now my points are;

1. What can we do with this situation except for the idea that we just negotiate with them?

2. What if they lost the documents signed by all of the related persons, what would be the liability?

Thank you so much.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum