Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Newly Established Retail Store (inside the mall) in Cainta, Rizal - minimum wage, tax, holiday premiums

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rjungco

Arresto Menor

Good Day,

We have a simple retail store/boutique that we put up last april 2015.

- with all the business clearances/permits from DTI, BIR, Municipal, Barangay and just recently earned our SSS employee id.

- with POS registered thru bir, and clearance on making our own invoices as well

- with currently 2 employees that we are paying below the minimu wage of 180 a day with non-taxable 50 pesos meal allowance and 10.00 communication allowance per day making it a total of 240/day.

- work hours is 8 per employee.

Below are my questions that I wish you can help me as the store was visited by DOLE and we are invited to vist their regional office.

Q1. Do wee need to be at par with the region IV-A minimum wage of 263/day considering we are just new with 2 employees and total capital of only 350k?

Q2. If the answer on the above is "no", do we need some sort of an application letter to have us exempted?

Q3. Are the employees entitled to a holiday pays, OT's, 13th month etc.?

Q4. Are we exempted from deducting withholding tax to our staff?

Q5. At first the 2 staff wanted to remove the govt mandated deductions (SSS, Pagibig, Philhealth) though now they are okay with it. But do you think that is possible?

Q5. If you have other info that I need to know and need to do, Kindly provide.

The employees enjoys their compensation as they came from a tiangge store prior to mine. Considering this is their real employment with some real govt. and employer benefits.

Thank you and hope you can shed a light. God Bless!

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

rjungco wrote:Good Day,

We have a simple retail store/boutique that we put up last april 2015.

- with all the business clearances/permits from DTI, BIR, Municipal, Barangay and just recently earned our SSS employee id.

- with POS registered thru bir, and clearance on making our own invoices as well

- with currently 2 employees that we are paying below the minimu wage of 180 a day with non-taxable 50 pesos meal allowance and 10.00 communication allowance per day making it a total of 240/day.

- work hours is 8 per employee.

Below are my questions that I wish you can help me as the store was visited by DOLE and we are invited to vist their regional office.

Q1. Do wee need to be at par with the region IV-A minimum wage of 263/day considering we are just new with 2 employees and total capital of only 350k?

Q2. If the answer on the above is "no", do we need some sort of an application letter to have us exempted?

Q3. Are the employees entitled to a holiday pays, OT's, 13th month etc.?

Q4. Are we exempted from deducting withholding tax to our staff?

Q5. At first the 2 staff wanted to remove the govt mandated deductions (SSS, Pagibig, Philhealth) though now they are okay with it. But do you think that is possible?

Q5. If you have other info that I need to know and need to do, Kindly provide.

The employees enjoys their compensation as they came from a tiangge store prior to mine. Considering this is their real employment with some real govt. and employer benefits.

Thank you and hope you can shed a light. God Bless!

A1 - Yes.

A2 - As per NWPC, no exemptions allowed. (http://www.nwpc.dole.gov.ph/pages/statistics/latest_wo.html)

A3 - Yes.

A4. - Yes (and no). You may have to compute wtax to be sure.

A5 - none

When you say "Real employment" then it would imply "real and full benefits" also. But why only "some" benefits?

Are you properly deducting and remitting their SSS, PHILHEALTH and PAG-IBIG contributions (plus employers' share)?

http://www.councilviews.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum