Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cancellation of Contract for Refund - HELP

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

higger19

Arresto Menor

Good day, Please tell me if I can still get a refund regarding a contract that I signed.

I signed a contract, together with a downpayment of 20k, to a consultancy agency. It was supposed to be 25k but they settled for 20k and 5k to follow ASAP.

The contract says that I have 6months to complete all the requirements they need, and the first month has passed. As they mentioned that "I am hiring them to help me go abroad." which also means that without my documents, they can't do their work. In this sense, they have not yet done any work, since I am still in the process of completing my documents.

The problem now is that I have been cut from all support I can get. I am unemployed, no means of any income, and I am really having a hard time getting the 5k balance - next to impossible task.

In the contract, they said that the 25k is non-refundable, but I really wont be able to even pay the 5k balance, which would result to me breaching the contract right at the get go.

Can I still cancel the contract and get a refund?

Note: I do not have a copy of the contract because it was not yet notarized when I signed it because the lawyer was not present at the time of the signing.

EDIT: 25k is just the payment for their services, the total amount they asked from me is 115k inclusive of the travel cost and 1month accomodation and training -Vietnam Program.
As mentioned, I can't even pay the remaining 5k, how much more if I lack 95k.

Supposing I can give them their service fee of 25k, I won't be able to follow up the lacking 90k, which really puts me in a tough spot.

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

higger19 wrote:Good day, Please tell me if I can still get a refund regarding a contract that I signed.

I signed a contract, together with a downpayment of 20k, to a consultancy agency. It was supposed to be 25k but they settled for 20k and 5k to follow ASAP.

The contract says that I have 6months to complete all the requirements they need, and the first month has passed. As they mentioned that "I am hiring them to help me go abroad." which also means that without my documents, they can't do their work. In this sense, they have not yet done any work, since I am still in the process of completing my documents.

The problem now is that I have been cut from all support I can get. I am unemployed, no means of any income, and I am really having a hard time getting the 5k balance - next to impossible task.

In the contract, they said that the 25k is non-refundable, but I really wont be able to even pay the 5k balance, which would result to me breaching the contract right at the get go.

Can I still cancel the contract and get a refund?

Note: I do not have a copy of the contract because it was not yet notarized when I signed it because the lawyer was not present at the time of the signing.

EDIT: 25k is just the payment for their services, the total amount they asked from me is 115k inclusive of the travel cost and 1month accomodation and training -Vietnam Program.
As mentioned, I can't even pay the remaining 5k, how much more if I lack 95k.

Supposing I can give them their service fee of 25k, I won't be able to follow up the lacking 90k, which really puts me in a tough spot.
kala ko pa naman 5K na lang,
papasagot ko na lang sana ke idol,,

kidding aside.....

well,
maari mong makuha ang bahagi, pero di lahat sa 20K mo,
kung idadaan mo to sa legal(lawyer pa lang kulang na to)...
wag iwawala ang resibo or kasulatan, kahit walang notaryo, basta pirmado, pwede maging proof yan.

makipag-usap ng maayos sa agency,
if sure ball na di peke yang agency, mag take ng risk, mangutang,,, or whatever, wag lang nakaw ha,,,

no risk, no reward....

good luck

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum