Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Court Order granting sole custody Question

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Court Order granting sole custody Question Empty Court Order granting sole custody Question Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:37 am

ddh_4

Arresto Menor

what is the process and requirements for seeking sole custody from t he court? and how much does it usually cost for the entire process and for how long?

Thank you!

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi,

In order for us to give you the proper legal advice, please give more information:

1. Are you the mother or the father?

2. Are you married to the other parent?

3. How old is your child?

Regards,
Atty. Katrina

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

ddh_4

Arresto Menor

Katrina288 wrote:Hi,

In order for us to give you the proper legal advice, please give more information:

Regards,
Atty. Katrina

Hi Atty,

I am the mother of a minor child age 8 years old, was married with he biological father but got annulled.

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

ddh_4 wrote:

Regards,
Atty. Katrina

Hi Atty,

I am the mother of a minor child age 8 years old, was married with he biological father but got annulled.

if i may,,,

Regarding the custody,
the paramount consideration is the welfare of the child,,
<7 is a must to mother(unless compelling reasons otherwise),
but since already 8YO, the child can now choose, cino gusto samahan...

was married???? already annuled na kayo?

you must have a strong ground for sole custody...
are you planning to lift even his visitation rights?

btw, nsan currently ang bata.?

ddh_4

Arresto Menor

LandOwner12 wrote:
ddh_4 wrote:

Regards,
Atty. Katrina

Hi Atty,

if i may,,,

Regarding the custody,
<7 is a must   to mother(unless compelling reasons otherwise),
but since  already 8YO, the child can now choose, cino gusto samahan...

My minor child is with my parents right now - I had issued an SPA making them  legal guardian while I am overseas and working on her visa to get her.  

During the annulment - I was asked about the custody thing.  Ispecifically told my attorney that I do not want the father to be alienated or removed away from my childrens life (he may not be the father everyone wish for. But that is for my children to decided later on their life - The issue with our annulment is separate from the father and child relationship - hence I do not want to drag ou children over the annulment process).  I just want to end the marriage as it was not anymore being built with love and respect - I need not elaborate on this since it will just be derailing the topic ) hence - the issue on custody nor visitation was not in our annulment paper.

The whole time on that 7 years after our annulment had been ganted - he had never really tried to reach out on them. I let my children visit the family of my x-husband during special occasions as the mom of my x would invite them. He would talk to them  ( biological father ) but that is it.  No financial support whatsoever, since I really did not force him to.

What made me change my mind now for sole custody is because it is one of the requirement for my minor child to get a US passport.  Leaving me no option on this.  

Thanks!

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

ddh_4 wrote:
LandOwner12 wrote:
ddh_4 wrote:

Regards,
Atty. Katrina

Hi Atty,

if i may,,,

Regarding the custody,
<7 is a must   to mother(unless compelling reasons otherwise),
but since  already 8YO, the child can now choose, cino gusto samahan...

My minor child is with my parents right now - I had issued an SPA making them  legal guardian while I am overseas and working on her visa to get her.  

During the annulment - I was asked about the custody thing.  Ispecifically told my attorney that I do not want the father to be alienated or removed away from my childrens life (he may not be the father everyone wish for. But that is for my children to decided later on their life - The issue with our annulment is separate from the father and child relationship - hence I do not want to drag ou children over the annulment process).  I just want to end the marriage as it was not anymore being built with love and respect - I need not elaborate on this since it will just be derailing the topic ) hence - the issue on custody nor visitation was not in our annulment paper.

The whole time on that 7 years after our annulment had been ganted - he had never really tried to reach out on them. I let my children visit the family of my x-husband during special occasions as the mom of my x would invite them. He would talk to them  ( biological father ) but that is it.  No financial support whatsoever, since I really did not force him to.

What made me change my mind now for sole custody is because it is one of the requirement for my minor child to get a US passport.  Leaving me no option on this.  

Thanks!

1st- i salute you, you are among those few who successfully got away free with annulment? what is the ground btw?
2. since you're already annulled, i think the petition will be easier,,, just hope the father will cooperate.
3. your ground this time is abandonment from him, since he got no any financial support.

goodluck.

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

In cases involving children, the primary concern of the court is the best interests of the children. If you have sufficient evidence that it will be for the best interests of the children that you should have sole custody, then you will have a big chance of getting that.

To constitute abandonment, it is not enough that there was financial abandonment, it must also be shown that the other parent does not give care and love to them or visit them.

Regards,

Atty. Katrina

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum