Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Immediate Resignation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Immediate Resignation Empty Immediate Resignation Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:13 pm

roalfb

Arresto Menor

Hi everyone,

I'm here to seek some advice regarding resignation.

I have a friend who want to resign effective immediately or 5 days upon giving his resignation letter but the company is demanding a 30-day notice.

Now I've learned that without the 30-day notice, he may be held liable for damages, but also there are instances where a notice is not needed. Instances are as follows:

1. Serious insult by the employer or his representative on the honor and person of the employee;

2. Inhuman and unbearable treatment accorded the employee by the employer or his representative;

3. Commission of a crime or offense by the employer or his representative against the person of the employee or any of the immediate members of his family; and

4. Other causes analogous to any of the foregoing.

Now here are my questions:

1. What could be the damages if the 30-day notice is not presented.

2. What other causes/cases can be used that are analogous to the 3 instances stated above.

3. Can a long and demanding working hours (9am - 10-11pm) be a valid reason for not being able to give a 30-day notice because you're tired and stressed out that you don't want to strain yourself anymore.

Can someone please provide us with some legal advice? Thank you.

2Immediate Resignation Empty Re: Immediate Resignation Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:38 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

roalfb wrote:

1. What could be the damages if the 30-day notice is not presented.

2. What other causes/cases can be used that are analogous to the 3 instances stated above.

3. Can a long and demanding working hours (9am - 10-11pm) be a valid reason for not being able to give a 30-day notice because you're tired and stressed out that you don't want to strain yourself anymore.

Can someone please provide us with some legal advice? Thank you.

1. Damages - Cost of hiring and training a replacement and/or Nominal damages as determined by the court. Maybe even moral, liquidated, punitive damages - all depending also on what the company wants to do.

2. All depends really on how these causes can be presented, but it may be tough.

3. No. As long as the employee is paid properly for those times.

http://www.councilviews.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum