Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Temporary displacement

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Temporary displacement  Empty Temporary displacement Sat May 30, 2015 5:24 pm

Acgbb0630

Arresto Menor

I need a clear understanding on temporary displacement.

I'm working as a programmer in an IT company. Since we were not allocated in a project for a few months, we were now placed on temporary displacement invoking art. 286 of the labor code. But upon reading that article it is invoked when the business will close temporarily not longer than six months. This is not the case of the company I'm working with. Continue naman operation nila. I'm also a full time- regular employee.
1. Is it valid to invoke such rule?
2. Is it also legal that we were not given a notice? It was relayed to us Friday with effectivity the following Monday?

2Temporary displacement  Empty Re: Temporary displacement Sat May 30, 2015 7:36 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Acgbb0630 wrote:I need a clear understanding on temporary displacement.

I'm working as a programmer in an IT company. Since we were not allocated in a project for a few months, we were now placed on temporary displacement invoking art. 286 of the labor code. But upon reading that article it is invoked when the business will close temporarily not longer than six months. This is not the case of the company I'm working with. Continue naman operation nila. I'm also a full time- regular employee.
1. Is it valid to invoke such rule?
2. Is it also legal that we were not given a notice? It was relayed to us Friday with effectivity the following Monday?

Yes, this is in effect a floating status, and is valid with the notice given.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Temporary displacement  Empty Re: Temporary displacement Sun May 31, 2015 6:55 am

Acgbb0630

Arresto Menor

Let me just be clear. We were not project-based hired. Regular employee kami. But wala pa ma allocate right now that matches our skillset. Been with company for five years.

4Temporary displacement  Empty Re: Temporary displacement Sun May 31, 2015 2:23 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Acgbb0630 wrote:Let me just be clear. We were not project-based hired. Regular employee kami. But wala pa ma allocate right now that matches our skillset. Been with company for five years.

Let me be clear as well.

If you were project-based, then they could easily terminate employment immediately. End of story.

You were put on floating status in the meantime that there is no assignment for you. And that's allowed.

5Temporary displacement  Empty Re: Temporary displacement Sun May 31, 2015 8:34 pm

Acgbb0630

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your answer. I have another one though. Is there a definite length of time that an employee can be placed on floating status? Kasi for now its for 30 days.

6Temporary displacement  Empty Re: Temporary displacement Sun May 31, 2015 9:02 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Acgbb0630 wrote:Thank you for your answer. I have another one though. Is there a definite length of time that an employee can be placed on floating status? Kasi for now its for 30 days.

As clearly stated by Article 286 and mentioned in your first post - 6 months.

If after that time there is no suitable position or work for you then you are entitled to separation pay.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum