Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annulment Requesting Advise Please

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Annulment Requesting Advise Please Empty Annulment Requesting Advise Please Wed May 27, 2015 3:25 am

rluc2000

Arresto Menor

Hello,

I am American
My first Marriage was in the United States
I filed for the annulment?
does the case have the finality(court decision)? Yes

I married an American woman in 1980 and she left me in 1981, i have never seen her to this day, I received the annulment because she could not be found I got an annulment from her on March 2010 to re marry.

I married my wife who is a Philippine citizen on January 2010.

Are we legally married?
If not how can i fix this?

Last edited by rluc2000 on Wed May 27, 2015 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add more information.)

2Annulment Requesting Advise Please Empty Re: Annulment Requesting Advise Please Wed May 27, 2015 8:14 am

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

are you a filipino?
where is your first Marriage?
who filed the annulment?
does the case have the finality(court decision)?

even though,
u remarry(1/2010) before the finality(3/2010), so your 2nd marriage is null and void.

reference:

family code:
Art. 52. The judgment of annulment or of absolute nullity of the marriage, the partition and distribution of the properties of the spouses and the delivery of the children's presumptive legitimes shall be recorded in the appropriate civil registry and registries of property; otherwise, the same shall not affect third persons. (n)

Art. 53. Either of the former spouses may marry again after complying with the requirements of the immediately preceding Article; otherwise, the subsequent marriage shall be null and void.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum