Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annulment Advise

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Annulment Advise Empty Annulment Advise Tue May 24, 2016 10:56 am

Ian Lanz

Arresto Menor

Good morning.

I am separated with my first wife (thru civil wedding) for 2 years now. We were not compatible attitude-wise, we keep fighting almost every day. Worst, our child (5 yrs old by that time) can see us and noticeably I can see that he is affected.
I am now happily married to my 2nd wife (Thru islam, since I'm a half-islam) and we have a child (2 y.o). These are my queries:

1. How can I file an annulment(Civil wedding), I am currently located at Visayas but was married in Mindanao?
2. Do I have liabilities or violation since I've been married in Islam without annulling my civil wedding?

Please help I want to settle everything. I want to re-marry my current wife in a civil rights or in a church since she is a catholic.

Thanks ahead.

2Annulment Advise Empty Re: Annulment Advise Tue May 31, 2016 4:31 pm

Ratchei

Arresto Menor

Salam and good day sir,

The answers to your questions:

1. Yes you can file for annulment but it takes time and money. But you can dissolve your Marriage under Muslim Law since you are Muslim and fulfilling other legal requirements for the dissolution of Marriage pursuant to PD1083.

2. Yes still you are liable for bigamy if your 1st wife file a case against you. Conversion to Islam does not extinguish your Civil Liabilities.

For further clarification, you can email me: atcheinasir@gmail.com.

I am your brother in Islam and Shariah Lawyer.

Thanks

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum