Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Problem with Parents adopting another child

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bob.droid

Arresto Menor

Good day everyone, hope you can help me with this (I really am at a lost to how to move forward with this):

As a legitimate son, my parents (now senior citizens), are all of a sudden planning on adopting a baby which no one knows the background to..

I am seeking legal advice on how this affects distribution of assets (should it come to that), because I believe they are doing this out of spite, and would transfer all asset rights to the baby being adopted (or the guardian of the baby), superseding my rights as their heir and their granddaughter's as well.

Although I don't really care about assets at this point, it's the underhandedness of it all that upsets me, it seems they are being used by an unknown third-party (the idea and originator of the baby).

Suffice to say, all these were born out of a family business petty disagreent, which they unfairly deemed personal, now to our detriment.

I have come to this group because, our family's lawyer would not even help me, not even giving any detached advice on the matter, citing conflict of interest.

Do I have any legal recourse or even a say on these matters?

Thank you all.

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

1st thing 1st.
you're legitimate son, only heir, nobody can take that away,, even if ur parents omit u on the last will and testament..
but,
there are few options ur papents can disown you and deprive you of inheritance,,
read article 918 onwards civil code (on the disinheritance )
on the adoption, u can't do anything, its their prerogative, and yes, once adopted, he will be legitimated and will have same right as you...

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum