Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can a defendant face his accuser?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Can a defendant face his accuser? Empty Can a defendant face his accuser? Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:44 am

PykeOPATHIC

Arresto Menor

Hi Attorneys,

I have an ongoing lawsuit against my previous employer. They never showed up in the mediation until it got escalated to a formal lawsuit. The first hearing was this morning but as usual, nobody from the company appeared. Ironically, pumunta yung president sa bahay namin just this evening. Lasing and with a bodyguard. Hinahanap ako but I wasn't available.

Legal ba ang ginawa niya? I seriously doubt that he is there out of good or at least neutral intentions. If he is, then he should've called me to set a time, wouldn't be with a bodyguard and not under the influence of liquor.

Would appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

Last edited by PykeOPATHIC on Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total

2Can a defendant face his accuser? Empty Re: Can a defendant face his accuser? Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:48 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

PykeOPATHIC wrote:Hi Attorneys,

I have an ongoing lawsuit against my previous employer. They never showed up in the mediation until it got escalated to a formal lawsuit. The first hearing was this morning but as usual, nobody from the company appeared. Ironically, pumunta yung president sa bahay namin just this evening. Lasing and with a bodyguard. Hinahanap ako but I wasn't available.

Legal ba ang ginawa niya? I seriously doubt that he is there out good or at least neutral intentions. If he is, then he should've called me to set a time, wouldn't be with a bodyguard and not under the influence of liquor.

Would appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

It is legal for a "defendant" (or respondent) to face his accuser - but only during the hearing, not elsewhere.

Ipa-blotter mo sa barangay at pulis ang nangyari.

http://www.councilviews.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum