Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

chaging the surname of my son

+2
LandOwner12
mc_88
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1chaging the surname of my son Empty chaging the surname of my son Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:01 am

mc_88

Arresto Menor

Hi, im just wondering what would be the documents needed in changing my son's surname? He's just 1yr and 8months old and the surname that he is using is his fathers surname. And I want to change it to my surname. Thank you
- MC

2chaging the surname of my son Empty Re: chaging the surname of my son Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:43 am

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

Of course there are very valid reasons why you want your son to have not his father's but your surname,,,

there are few ways,
but i think the best and shortest way is to abandon his current birth certificate,
apply a new one(late registration)- there u can put your surname and remove the father's.
just be sure of whatever u will do now, you will not regret later.

3chaging the surname of my son Empty Re: chaging the surname of my son Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:52 pm

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

Changing child's surname from mother's to father's is done with the Affidavit to Use Father's Surname.
But to change the surname from father's to mother's is quite difficult.

Consider that if the surname is his father, you can demand for financial support for the child. Not for you but for the child's needs and the father's capability to support. In case of the death of the father if he has properties, the child has inheritance entitlement.

For changing his surname to you, I understand he has to be of age and he has to decide which surname to use. This will go through a petition in court which is a long and expensive process.

This is just my opinion. Better to check with the office of civil registry at the municipal hall or city where the child was registered for the steps. Let us know if my opinion is consistent with theirs.

4chaging the surname of my son Empty Re: chaging the surname of my son Mon May 04, 2015 8:23 am

keeannebash@gmail.com

Arresto Menor

I reaD tHe oPtiOn there abOut cHanGiNg tHe cHilds suRNamE, is that reallY possibLe tHe other oPtiOn whiCh is latE regstration? Does that need any requireMent oR anY expenses? We have the same case with the sender, my soN is alSo 1 yEar aNd 6moNths aNd i wanT tO change his surname wiTh mIne.. Is it possible to have him late regstereD withOut the father consent and without touching his frst rgstration or frst birth certfCate? What are the requrements for late regstration and how much does it cost and where to file here in baguio city? Thank you and hoping for immediate reply atty.

5chaging the surname of my son Empty Re: chaging the surname of my son Mon May 04, 2015 8:35 am

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

though i suggested late registration, i do hope that you considered all future possible events that will happen to you, your child, and the father.
i hope its already deeply emphasized, there are many advantages for the baby to have the father's surname,, so the chuva effect of having the mother's surname should outweigh these possibilities.

Also late registration is somewhat, circumventing the law of the land.. i hope you know the what if's of it.
it has some risks,,and if the father gets hold a good lawyer in the future, there might be a problem..
simple terms. you declare the old child never exists, then you declare a 2nd child to be the other person, though it is the same old child..

good luck.

6chaging the surname of my son Empty Re: chaging the surname of my son Mon May 04, 2015 3:59 pm

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

I read cases citing situations where there are birth certificates registered with the NSO, NSO will honor still the 1st. When there are 2 BCs, a petition in court has to be filed to cancel the other one. This requires presentation of evidence by a lawyer.

Suggest ko ivalidate niyo sa office of civil registry sa munisipyo kung saan ka nagpatala.
Interpretation ko lang ito.

7chaging the surname of my son Empty Free Legal Assistance Sat May 09, 2015 11:36 pm

mon1902

Arresto Menor

Baka lang po makatulong.... may kaibigan po ako na law student. Sabi nya po ung Legal Aid Clinic nila nagbbgay po ng free legal advice at assistance. Kailangan nga lang po ay pupunta ka mismo doon sa opisina nila. If interesado po kayo pede ko po kayo irefer. Pwede rin po bigay nyo cel no. ninyo at kayu na lang po itetext nya.

Salamat at sana po ay makatulong ito

8chaging the surname of my son Empty Re: chaging the surname of my son Tue May 26, 2015 4:15 am

jep_baste

Arresto Menor

Plsss help.
meron poh kmi anak ng girlfriend q. Nung nabuntis q sya nagkaroon kmi ng d pagkakaunawaan hanggang dumating sa punto na pinaako nya ang bata sa iba. Ngayun poh hindi q apelyido ang gamit ng anak q.gamit nya ang sa ibang lalaki. Ngayun nagkabalikan kmi ng girlfriend q at gusto nmin gamitin ang surname q.ano poh ggwin nmin? Nasa side q poh ang gf q.

9chaging the surname of my son Empty Re: chaging the surname of my son Tue May 26, 2015 8:22 am

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

ilang taon na yong bata?
meron na bang any public document na nakapangalan sa kanya?
proud naman ako sa GF mo brad,,
ano meron yang GF mo, inako ng lalaki ang di nya anak, at nang bumalik, eto tinanggap mo uli?
mala Venus sguro no...
the best nito, eh magpakasal na kayo para maging legitimated na sya.

10chaging the surname of my son Empty Re: chaging the surname of my son Tue May 26, 2015 8:29 am

jep_baste

Arresto Menor

10 months plng.besides sa b.cert ng anak nmin.wla pa iba docs.

11chaging the surname of my son Empty Re: chaging the surname of my son Tue May 26, 2015 8:38 am

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

oki dokie,,
pakasal sa lalong madaling panahon,,
then pa late registration..
ang reason nyo eh, di pa kayo kasal kaya di pa agad naregister,
di naman cguro maghahabol yong umako,,,
at kung maghabol man sa malayo pang panahon, eh dugo mo naman yan....
so talo pa rin sya. at lalabas na inako nya lang ang di nya anak... so wala syang mapapala..
invite mo kami ni pareng RaheemErick sa kasal nyo..

12chaging the surname of my son Empty Re: chaging the surname of my son Wed May 27, 2015 4:13 am

jep_baste

Arresto Menor

Hindi pwede malate register kc nasubok na nmin gawin. Nag appear ang name ng mother na same age same birthplace at fullname nga.pero kung pakasal kmi so mababago na surname ng mother pwede na ba yun?pero dobol registration prin so ilegal sya. Ou invyt q kau.hehe tnx nwei sa adv.

13chaging the surname of my son Empty Re: chaging the surname of my son Wed May 27, 2015 8:01 am

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

i have said in some other threads,
late registration with similar cases with you are some of the ways to circumvent the written law..

sabi ko nga,,
pakasal muna kayo,
saka nyo late register,,,

as long as walang aanking ibang tao sa bata, now or later, safe naman yan,,
at wag na uling gagamitin ang unang registration,
parang yong unang bata eh biglang naglaho, then nagkaroon kayo ng isa pang bata, at bago na ang name,, pero ang totto, eh sya rin yon..

meron kasing kasabihan na, ang pagkakamali eh di pwedeng takpan ng isa pang pagkakamali...
peo nasa inyo yan..
pwede rin na pa DNA test ka, then yon ang prof na ikaw ang ama, then hearing,saka lang pwede nachange ang name nya.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum