Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I re-marry in the Philippines (2nd time) after foreign divorce?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

startagain

Arresto Menor

Dear atty

I am very happy that there are sites like this, and wish to thank you already in anticipation for your answers.
Here under a brief summary of my situation:
My marriage with a Philippina stranded unfortunately after many years. I am not a Filipino but a Belgian National and my ex wife is born Filipino. We married in the Philippines in 1988, by law and church.
My ex has dual citizenship, and is living at the moment in Belgium. By divorce (mutual agreement) I am responsable, and take care of the children. Our property in Belgium is equally divided.
My residence is in Belgium; I like to go on vacation to the Philippines once every few years.
Since I love your country and the people a lot, I think about re-marry a Filipina.

If I read the earlier conversations I understand that I can re-marry in the Philippines without filing a petition for recognition, because I do not residence in your country, nor stay longer then 3 months there. I only would need to obtain an Affidavit of Eligibility to re marry from my embassy in Manila. Is this correct po?
Maraming salamat, and hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum