Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

errors in birth certificate

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1errors in birth certificate Empty errors in birth certificate Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:16 pm

amamyu1

Arresto Menor

Good Day,

I'm not even sure if I'm in the right forum or someone has already posted something similar...I'm pretty desperate so every bit of info would help...

I've been trying to get some answer on what I can do to get my birth certificate corrected and hopefully to get a passport. I've been denied to get one due to some errors in it.

Just a quick overview

My mom went overseas 32 years ago (1981-1982), she met a japanese they lived as a couple there but were never married. She came back in the Philippines 2 years after, already pregnant at that time and give birth to me November 21, 1984.

From what my mom told me they were never married, but I've been using my father's last name since birth and it's the same last name in my nso birth certificate ( yamagi ) there is no attachment for the use of last name either

2. my birth certificate also shows a date and place of marriage which is in chiba, japan although just like what I mentioned earlier they were never never married

3. my mom's nationality and religion were japanese and buddhism. I've already filed for a petition for clerical error regarding my mom's nationality and religion, I'm not sure though on what needs to be done with the others...

Any advice will be appreciated

2errors in birth certificate Empty Re: errors in birth certificate Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:00 pm

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

Provide some info and validate some assumptions:
1. Where was your birth certificate registered? Within registration period or a late registration?
2. Are information on your names correct? First name? middle name? last name? Any name you want changed?
3. Do you want it stated that your parents are not married? Do you still want to use your father's name?
4. Is your mother Japanese? Is that what you want stated in the form?
5. What do you want to do with your mother's religion in the form?
6. What is your nationality?
7. Where did you file the petition for petition?

These info may help you and us readers understand what you want done and what help can extended. Some just to clarify. Sana makatulong kahit papano.

3errors in birth certificate Empty Re: errors in birth certificate Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:25 am

amamyu1

Arresto Menor

centro wrote:Provide some info and validate some assumptions:
1. Where was your birth certificate registered?  Within registration period or a late registration?
2. Are information on your names correct?  First name? middle name? last name? Any name you want changed?
3. Do you want it stated that your parents are not married?  Do you still want to use your father's name?
4. Is your mother Japanese?  Is that what you want stated in the form?
5. What do you want to do with your mother's religion in the form?
6. What is your nationality?
7. Where did you file the petition for petition?

These info may help you and us readers understand what you want done and what help can extended.  Some just to clarify.  Sana makatulong kahit papano.

Thank you for the prompt response,

1. My birth certificate was registered in matalom, leyte and it is within registration period.

2. To sum it up, all information related to me are correct ( first,middle and last name/ birthdate) and I don't really want to change anything as much as possible since all my documents ( government, school and employment records) reflects the same information just like what I have in my birth certificate. The main reason why I'm trying to have it corrected is so that I can get a passport. If I can keep the change minimal I would really prefer that.

3. I am a Filipino and so as my mom. I do have her birth certificate and baptismal records to prove it.

4. I'm currently a resident of malabon. I filed a migrant petition for correction of entry through the Local Civil Registry here.

Again I am very thankful for the response, makes me feel that it can still be fixed..God Bless

4errors in birth certificate Empty Re: errors in birth certificate Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:53 am

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

This is my understanding and the implication of the changes
1. You want it stated that your parents are unmarried.
2. You want to retain your father's family name. (This will require an acknowledgement admission of paternity by your Japanese father as the status is unmarried.)
3. You want your mother's religion changed. (I am not sure what supports are acceptable and if this requires a court hearing. Do let us know what the stand of Malabon OCR is for my learning also.)

You earlier mentioned correction for entry has been filed for the religion and status update on your mother's info. What if I may ask is the status of this filing? Did it require a judicial hearing? Or was it just administrative through the Office of Civil Registry? Ang pagkakaintindi ko, ito ang hakbang para ayusin ang nais mong malinis.

In connection with your application for a Philippine passport for you, to my understanding, these info on your mother are not needed to file a request for a passport. DFA requirements are fill up a form, set up an appointment present your Birth Certificate authenticated by the NSO with your correct name, present of a valid ID, pay, have picture and biometrics taken and pick up passport. It may help if you take a look at the application form available at the website.

5errors in birth certificate Empty Re: errors in birth certificate Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:44 am

amamyu1

Arresto Menor

centro wrote:This is my understanding and the implication of the changes
1. You want it stated that your parents are unmarried.
2. You want to retain your father's family name.  (This will require an acknowledgement admission of paternity by your Japanese father as the status is unmarried.)
3. You want your mother's religion changed.  (I am not sure what supports are acceptable and if this requires a court hearing. Do let us know what the stand of Malabon OCR is for my learning also.)

You earlier mentioned correction for entry has been filed for the religion and status update on your mother's info.  What if I may ask is the status of this filing?  Did it require a judicial hearing?  Or was it just administrative through the Office of Civil Registry?  Ang pagkakaintindi ko, ito ang hakbang para ayusin ang nais mong malinis.

In connection with your application for a Philippine passport for you, to my understanding, these info on your mother are not needed to file a request for a passport.  DFA requirements are fill up a form, set up an appointment present your Birth Certificate authenticated by the NSO with your correct name, present of a valid ID, pay, have picture and biometrics taken and pick up passport.  It may help if you take a look at the application form available at the website.

Good Day,

1. I'm ok to keep the same info on my birth certificate as it is. Hindi ko na po balak baguhin ung sa status nila. I'm not sure how it would stand na although there is a place and date of marriage sa NSO ko eh hindi naman talaga sila kasal.

2. Yes I would like to keep my Father's last name.

3. We have submitted a petition for both Nationality and Religion corrected as clerical error. They have asked me to provide my mom's birth certificate and government issued I.D's for her nationality and then her baptismal records for the religion

Sa passport naman po, I just find it confusing whenever I try to go to DFA's website for a passport application.

a.) Not sure whether I am illegitimate ( hindi talaga sila kasal and there is no marriage certificate to prove it ) or legitimate ( there is a place and date of marriage on my NSO birth)
- is it safe to assume that I am legitimate because of that?

b.) Would it be better if I just put that my mom is also japanese just to follow what I have on my birth record?

Thanks, God Bless

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum