Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Banned from entering US....need advice pls!!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Chikikay

Arresto Menor

Hi...
Don't know where to post this topic. Pls shed some light on this matter...

It was Oct 2008 when me and my husband got our US multiple visa. Our purpose was to spend our 10th year wedding anniversary there. We left for our tour on January 2009 and was denied an entry to the US when we were in Minnesota which was our port of entry due to our connecting flight to NY. Right there we were accused of misrepresentation. We were detained at the immigration and were questioned about our iteneraries and contact persons in the US. They found out all were true and that we were expected by those persons we told them.
Unfortunately, my parents that time were illegal migrants in NY. We departed Philippines together with my aunt (sister of my dad). At the airport in Manila my aunt exceeded the allowable baggage so she named her hand carry baggage to me. Unknowingly, my dad's bank passbook was there at the bag's pocket and was found out by the immigration officer at the port of entry so I had to answer questions regarding that passbook.
Frightened, I admitted that my parents were in NY and that we were gonna meet them there and wants us to stay for a little longer that's why they booked us a 6 mos returned ticket. I also said that my secretary was the one who purchased the ticket for us but admitted that it was my parents who did the booking. When we werw asked why 6 mos? I was forced to answer because they want us to work while we were there. So they charged us of misrepresentation. That we said we were tourist but we planned of seeking work in the US. We were banned dor a period of 5 years. Last January, i presume that the 5years banned was already done.
Now my mom was already a PR and was legally living and working in NY with my 2 other siblings.
My youngest sister is about to graduate this coming June and was hoping I could come..

My question is,
How do I know if the banned was already done? Or was it really done?

I want to try to apply for a tourist visa again, do I need to secure a waiver first before applying for a visa?

I hope someone could give me an advice..thanks!

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

You will need an invitation letter from you parents and apply for visit visa not tourist visa. Then you will know when the ban is lifted. If your application is denied this is how you find out, if approved it means the 5 years ban has been lifted.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum