Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

BP22: liability on joint account

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BP22: liability on joint account Empty BP22: liability on joint account Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:58 pm

alphacenturilc

Arresto Menor

May I seek for legal advice.

What if a bouncing check was issued through a joint account (names of the account owners written on the check with "OR"), where one of the account member signed and issued the check without consent from the other member? Who is liable? Will it make a difference if the other member who did not signed check knew about it?

Further, what if an arrangement was done to somehow settle the obligation like paying on a weekly basis while exerting effort liquidating assets to produce and complete payment? Can a case be pursued?

or

Can settlement be arranged with the complainant before the first hearing? or it may be done during the hearing?

Please advise. Thank you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum