Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

change surname of my son

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1change surname of my son Empty change surname of my son Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:47 pm

dionnelugo

Arresto Menor

Hi po,

My eldest was born in Palo, Leyte at that time his father was not around and Hindi po kami kasal kaya yung naka register na last name niya yung sakin. Ngayon po gustoo namin ma change ang surname ng bata sa father niya. Pwde po ba yun ? If yes paano po? My son is already 6 years old at Hindi pa rin kami kasal ng daddy niya. Thanks po!

2change surname of my son Empty Re: change surname of my son Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:06 pm

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Yes, you can do so.

The father has to file the necessary application with the civil registry of the place where the child was born together with the supporting documents, including:

1. Certified true copy of the birth certificate of the child;
2. Affidavit to use the lastname of the father;
3. Valid Identification Card (ID) of the parents or of the registrant (if 18 years and above);
4. Additional documents showing proof of filiation in cases where the name of the father was left blank in the birth certficate of the child.

Once the application is approved by the concerned civil registry, the lastname of the father can thereafter be used by the illegitimate children. The fee is more or less 1,000.

Best regards,
Atty. Katrina

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum