Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can This Be Considered Harassment?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Can This Be Considered Harassment? Empty Can This Be Considered Harassment? Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:09 pm

BlindSpot!

Arresto Menor

Hi, hope you could help me with my situation.

I have been in a non-agent position since September 2013. My position entails that I have a flexible work time which our company handbook specifies to be a log in time of between 7AM to 11AM (as long as we complete a 9-hour shift).

Come December 2014, I was given a Due Process Form by HR for tardiness for the whole month of October 2014. I disputed this with my Immediate Supervisor first and he replied that flexible schedule for non-agent employees is only within our operational hours, e.g. 5AM to 4PM. He also said that I'm not the only one with a DPF among the non-agent employees of our account.

I replied to the DPF and explained that I only knew that we have a different flexible working hours on the day that I talked to my Boss. I also mentioned that I did not sign any document regarding this so I was under the impression that the flexible working hours in our company handbook applies across all accounts. Nevertheless, I was given a Verbal Advice for my log ins after 7AM (which required me to log out after 4PM, already outside our operational hours).

This month, I was again given a DPF for my tardiness for the month of November 2014. This made me curious if other non-agents are also getting sanctions for tardiness and why it took for HR to issue sanctions to me after more than 1 year of being in a flexible schedule.

I found out that no other non-agents are being served with sanctions, esp the girlfriend of my Immediate Supervisor who comes in past 7AM almost everyday (the girlfriend is a Team Leader and also his direct subordinate). Furthermore, I am the only non-agent in the spreadsheet being submitted to HR for employees' daily log ins, which, per my understanding, should only contain names of agents.

I think it is necessary for me to add that I've always had a tense relationship with my Immediate Supervisor since he accussed me of insubordination for not copying him in on one of the emails I sent to our client (though he apologized to me for "overreacting" after that incident).

May I know if this could be considered as a harassment? Also, is it fair for our HR to issue these sanctions 2 months after the incidences? Please advise what course of action I should take for this unfair treatment to be rectified.

Thank you very much.

2Can This Be Considered Harassment? Empty Re: Can This Be Considered Harassment? Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:23 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

what does your company policy say regarding harassment?

as to the 2 months after the incident, that is still valid since it may have taken time for HR to review the details and consult with management.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Can This Be Considered Harassment? Empty Re: Can This Be Considered Harassment? Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:18 am

attyLLL

don't rely on the 'others are doing it also' defense too much. Stick to what the policy says and state that no one ever told you otherwise to report on a specific time.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4Can This Be Considered Harassment? Empty Re: Can This Be Considered Harassment? Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:44 am

BlindSpot!

Arresto Menor

Hello, thank you for your responses. 😊

Our handbook only mentions "sexual harassment" and nothing else.

I don't have an issue with the policy, if it is really the policy, but me being singled out and getting sanctions is what I believe a form of harassment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum