Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

letter of intent

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1letter of intent Empty letter of intent Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:27 pm

shawn

Arresto Menor

Our company announced the opening of new supervisory and managerial positions for a wholly owned newly created subsidiary company. If we, the employees of the parent company, are interested to these positions, we need to submit a letter of intent. I am inclined to submit a letter of intent since it would mean a growth in my career, but my reservations are:
1. exact description of these positions were not specified, they only stated that these positions are supervisory and managerial;
2. the compensation and benefits package for these positions are still unclear.
If after submitting a letter of intent and the management of the subsidiary company accepted and offered me a position, do I still have the right to refuse the offer and continue my employment with the parent company? Or does my letter of intent is deemed to be an application to the subsidiary company and a resignation at the same time from the parent company?

2letter of intent Empty Re: letter of intent Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:47 pm

attyLLL

it is deemed an application for the new position, but definitely it cannot be construed as a resignation of the old one.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3letter of intent Empty Re: letter of intent Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:53 pm

shawn

Arresto Menor

I would like to reiterate my query. If after submitting a letter of intent and the management of the subsidiary company accepted and offered me a position, do I still have the right to refuse the offer and continue my employment with the parent company?

4letter of intent Empty Re: letter of intent Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:23 pm

attyLLL

i believe so, but the better move is to clarify this with your management so that there is no surprise.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum