Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pre-plotted Leave for the Year - Is it legal?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jeniesis1

Arresto Menor

Hi! Good morning all. My company is implementing a pre-plotted vacation leave starting 2015. We are to plot 10 days of our vacation leave for the whole year and we should follow it strictly. Meaning if we get sick/emergencies during the days not included in our pre-plot, these will be considered as absence and will be without pay. This is like forcing us to be absent so they won't need to pay for emergency/sick leaves. Is it legal for them to do so?

Note: We have already discussed this with the GM and HR manager but both are bull-headed and will not reconsider.

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

Pre-plotted leaves are legal since it is not stipulated in the labor code that it is illegal. There are also companies who are practicing such. Most I've know are US-based company. Based on your narration, your pre-plotted leaves are only VL so I wonder why you can't use your SL

jeniesis1

Arresto Menor

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm sorry I forgot to mention that sick leaves, and birthday leaves are also bundled in in the 10-day leave i mentioned.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum