Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

13th month pay computation with maternity leave during the year

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

septemberian

Arresto Menor

Dear Atty.,

I would like to inquire with regards to 13th month pay computation in relation to that with maternity leave. I am in managerial position po in one company and receiving salary on a monthly basis, so we are not entitled to overtime pay though we rendered and extended so much working hours, though we are not being deducted for lates for only up to 1 hour becoz if it exceeds 1 hour, it is considered as half-day absent already and to be deducted from our salary. Inquiries po are the following:
(1) Is the employer required to pay me salary during my 2 months maternity leave?
(2) Or would the amount that my employer will pay to me is the computed SSS maternity benefit?
(3) How about the 13th month pay computation, since 2 months that I will be on maternity leave, is the computation of 13th month would be divided by 10 months instead of 12 months? I read under PD 851 Ma'am/Sir and other court rulings, that the computation of 13th month pay should be based on the length of service and not on the actual wage earned by the employee and that should there be no gap of service during the year, then it should not be pro-rated and must be paid in full (employee is still employed in the company though on maternity leave), so if I am receiving P30K a month Ma’am/Sir from Jan - Oct. (10 months) then Nov. & Dec. is my maternity leave, should I still be receiving P30K as my 13th month pay computed as P30K x 10 months / 10 (no. of months of service during the calendar year)?
(4) How about 14th month pay, it is our company policy to give 14th month pay when an employee reach its 3rd year of service, is it correct for the employer to pay 14th month pay exactly the same as computed 13th month, in my case, if the answer to no. 3 is proportionate and would be divided by 12, resulting to lesser 13th month pay, should the 14th month pay would follow the same computation, it would double the lessening of the benefit for the employee, should it be the 14th month pay be full, because it would not be the choice of the employee to get pregnant during the 3rd year of service when she is already entitled to 14th month pay.

We sincerely needed your advice Atty.

Thank you so much.

attyLLL

1) no
2) yes
3) very interesting question, and i'm not sure of the answer. i'd argue 10 months because this was what was earned through the year.
4) i would argue also that it be based on 10 mos

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

septemberian

Arresto Menor

Dear Atty.

Thank you so much for the reply. Hope to receive your final advice please for Nos. 3 and 4 inquiries.

It would really be of most help.

attyLLL

that is my answer. you can also inquire at dole.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

septemberian

Arresto Menor

Dear Atty.

Really thank you very much for the advice and big help.

More power.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum