Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Maternity leave with pay / resignation

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Maternity leave with pay / resignation Empty Maternity leave with pay / resignation Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:51 am

028nicole

028nicole
Arresto Menor

October 16, 2013, I was hired as a Sales Representative in Eastkem Industrial, Inc. I got pregnant in January 2014. My expected delivery was September 29, 2014. I started my maternity leave after September 12. Due to many bad things about the company, I decided to file a resignation last October 1, which supposed to be effective on October 31 because I had to talk to the bosses about my benefits as a pregnant employee since my resignation was not effective yet. But our sales coordinator informed me last October 3 that our boss approved my letter and made it effective October 1. The company has a policy of 30 day notice period after resignation. The said policy was applied to all the employees resigned from the time of employment. I can't be wrong because there were 9 employees that I witnessed who resigned.

Questions:
1. Was the action of my employer about my resignation valid? Can I not complain about that?
2. Am I not entitled for the maternity leave with pay?
3. Do I have a big chance to fight for it? Will I win the case if I file a complaint in DOLE?

Thank you very much!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum