Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRANSFER, DEMOTION OR CONSTRUCTIVE DISMISSAL?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jhobarloso

Arresto Menor

Hi.

I am currently working in a BPO company for 15 months now, to be exact.

What happened was the management suddenly informed us that we will be transferred to a new account. We work dayshift and we'll be transferring to nighshift. Plus the fact that the management informed us late, (today is 11/26/2014 our shift is 12PM to 9PM and we'll be transferred tomorrow night to the new account 11/27/2014 7PM to 4AM shift) Our tech allowance from the client will be removed which is 2k non-taxable and night differential will replace it.

The only information that we know is that the account that we will be transferred to needs more people and our account is over staffed. But it doesn't changed the fact that they just hired 13 new employees to our account.

Another factor that I'm looking into is about tenure-ship. We are part of the wave 1, part of the group who launched the account, is this reasonable?

They gave us two days to decide, until now, we don't know what will happen when we go to work on Friday. What are our rights?

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Management has the right to reassign its employees.

I do not see any diminution of benefits on this.

Tech allowance is usually attached to the account so it is reasonable to remove it when moved to a different account.

I do not see any issue about seniority or tenure. Your hiring date does not change.

You are still obliged to follow the instructions of your company.

http://www.councilviews.com

jhobarloso

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the reply.

I understand our obligation to follow the company rules, but we were not given notification about it. It was so sudden.

jhobarloso

Arresto Menor

and by the way, when will you consider something as an involuntary resignation? we don't want the night shift so we have no other choice but to resign. the reason of the company (our account being over-staffed) while still hiring new employees is unacceptable for us.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

they gave you 24 hours. that's generally enough time unless your company policy mentions something else.

no such thing as "involuntary resignation" - resignation is always defined as being voluntary.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum