Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Statute of Limitations and Employee Loans/Advances

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TokyoLV

Arresto Menor

My apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum.

I work for a Japanese company that employed consultants in the Philippines. One of the consultants was management-level and was provided with rent-free furnished accommodation and loaned cash from the company. The consultant abandoned his work and disappeared without notice. He owes money to the company and took furniture and appliances from the accommodation.

My boss has asked me to give him a report on what rights we have under Philippines law and what we should do. He is also concerned that because the consultant seems to have moved to the provinces it might be 2 - 3 years before we can trace him.

Is there a Statute of Limitations that would prevent us from suing the consultant in the future?

Thank you for any guidance.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Sue the consultant now for qualified theft, estafa, etc.

If he cannot be found immediately, the case can be shelved and revived when he is found.

http://www.councilviews.com

TokyoLV

Arresto Menor

Thank you council!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum