Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

termination due to call avoidance

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1termination due to call avoidance Empty termination due to call avoidance Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:10 pm

dafs21

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I am currently working in a callcenter and I am now working for them for 4 years and 8 months.. My supervisor caught me transferring calls to other department last Friday and I admit that is not our process and I have an honest mistake..I did that because I am prioritizing the call that I got which is a complaint and I did transfer 4 calls that time because I missed to update some details of that customer and that's it.My supervisor called me and she let me explain in written and went to HR to pass my explanation ans as per HR that is a call avoidance which falls 0 tolerance and it leads to termination. So I am very shock at that point. Is this legal termination? Please help

2termination due to call avoidance Empty Re: termination due to call avoidance Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:47 pm

dafs21

Arresto Menor

I really need your help atty..

3termination due to call avoidance Empty Re: termination due to call avoidance Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:54 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

dafs21 wrote:Hi,

I am currently working in a callcenter and I am now working for them for 4 years and 8 months.. My supervisor caught me transferring calls to other department last Friday and I admit that is not our process and I have an honest mistake..I did that because I am prioritizing the call that I got which is a complaint and I did transfer 4 calls that time because I missed to update some details of that customer and that's it.My supervisor called me and she let me explain in written and went to HR to pass my explanation ans as per HR that is a call avoidance which falls 0 tolerance and it leads to termination. So I am very shock at that point. Is this legal termination? Please help

What does your company policy say regarding call avoidance?

Your action falls under call avoidance and is terminable.

You're not supposed to transfer calls unless it's to escalate.

http://www.councilviews.com

4termination due to call avoidance Empty Re: termination due to call avoidance Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:07 pm

dafs21

Arresto Menor

Hi,

Thanks for immediate response..call avoidance is a terminable case as per them, I have explained my side to them that I need to prioritized the customer who is complaining about his account so that if onky in case that customer go to their Ombudsman atleast our company wont get charge for losses and I admit due to high volume of calls I did transfer those calls to the proper department who can help them further and less focus because I need to finish my notes on that current customer's account.

5termination due to call avoidance Empty Re: termination due to call avoidance Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:13 pm

dafs21

Arresto Menor

If they consider that a call avoidance so should we consider that they are breaking their process? Because when we have a high volume of calls they are instructing us to do messaging which is you will advise the customer to call us back later due to high volumes of calls?

6termination due to call avoidance Empty Re: termination due to call avoidance Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:04 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

dafs21 wrote:If they consider that a call avoidance so should we consider that they are breaking their process? Because when we have  a high volume of calls they are instructing us to do messaging which is you will advise the customer to call us back later due to high volumes of calls?

those are their rules so you follow them as instructed.

7termination due to call avoidance Empty Re: termination due to call avoidance Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:58 pm

dafs21

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the response..last question please.. If I lose the case will I still have the rights for them to pay my back wages?

8termination due to call avoidance Empty Re: termination due to call avoidance Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:42 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

dafs21 wrote:Thanks for the response..last question please.. If I lose the case will I still have the rights for them to pay my back wages?

you should be paid any amount that you have already worked for.

9termination due to call avoidance Empty Re: termination due to call avoidance Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:10 am

attyLLL

While this is in a form of call avoidance, I don't think this is the type considered as serious msconduct considering that you were handling another call, unlike cal avoidance where the agent is just being lazy

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

10termination due to call avoidance Empty Re: termination due to call avoidance Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:22 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

The other call was already completed and this "prioritizing" was more of documentation already. If there was a need to do any more work on the complaint then there are other ways to do it but not at the expense of cancelling or routing other calls away.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum