Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

PAO agreement

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PAO agreement Empty PAO agreement Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:54 am

alex1973

Arresto Menor

Last August 2013 my husband and I had an agreement at PAO. Prior to this he beat me up in front of my children, 9 and 15 during that time. I went to the hospital for a check up and had medico legal that night. He wanted to have 3rd chance so I gave him only if he agree to have agreement at PAO. So we did and monthly a certain amount will be supported to us. He works for a cruise line and the girl he is having an affair works at the same ship. It was hard to prove since it is outside of the country. He also has a child with the girl he admitted about it. I found out that they are still together and after beating me he saw them and eat together. My questions are: is the PAO agreement valid? He always threaten that its not his responsibility to support us and that he will file a case when he gets back. What can I do so he will be obligated to support us?  It seems he is not afraid of PAO agreement and he is undermining what we agreed upon.. Am I obligated to communicate with him monthly to  support us since we already agreed the amount and the bank where we will  deposit ? Should I go to POEA to file a case? Can I file a case against the mistress and what case?  Please help.

Last edited by alex1973 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

2PAO agreement Empty Re: PAO agreement Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:51 am

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi,

What is your PAO agreement about? Is it about child support?

The father has the obligation to support his children even when they are already in College. You do not need to communicate monthly about the support. But, you can remind him about his obligation if you feel that he may not comply. If he stopped providing for support, you can seek the assistance of a lawyer to send a demand letter to him. This demand letter is to remind him of his obligation and to inform him that you may take legal action if he continues to refuse to provide for support to your children.

If their affair happens outside of the Philippines, you cannot file a complaint for Concubinage because Philippines can only prosecute if the crime is committed here in the Philippines.

-Atty. Katrina

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

3PAO agreement Empty Re: PAO agreement Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:23 pm

alex1973

Arresto Menor

The PAO agreement is about monthly support. It was not specifically stated if its just for the kids coz I believe during that time he will provide even whether we are together or not anymore. Just that he agreed to support us monthly and the bank where it will be deposited.

That is the problem since they are  together outside the Philippines and during his time abroad. Can I not file a civil case on the girl. Since she is single and knew about my husband being married.  What case can I file? Is it possible for me to get a copy of their child birth certificate?

If I go to a lawyer for assistance for the demand letter how much will it cost me?

Thanks for your first reply.

4PAO agreement Empty Re: PAO agreement Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:28 am

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Ok, is that PAO agreement in relation to any case filed in court? Or you just asked for the assistance of a PAO lawyer to draft a written agreement between the two of you? Your answer to this will be the basis of what kind of remedy is available to you.

I am afraid there is no civil case that can be filed against the girl. You can coordinate with the Local Civil Registry where the child's birth certificate is registered, if you know.

5PAO agreement Empty Re: PAO agreement Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:01 am

alex1973

Arresto Menor

The PAO agreement is not about any court agreement but rather an intervention done in PAO. Since he agreed upon the meeting that I want him to provide support whether we are together or not and no case was filed.
Do I need a certification or affidavit from a lawyer if I ask for  the birth certificate? Thanks for your reply.
I am just frustrated why I cant file any case to the mistress since they have a child and still continuously having an affair but of course they will not admit it. So frustrating!

6PAO agreement Empty Re: PAO agreement Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:31 am

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

OK, in that case, the solution is to send him a demand letter based on the written agreement you executed in the PAO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum