Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Opposing Parole Assistance

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Opposing Parole Assistance Empty Opposing Parole Assistance Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:50 pm

choi.granadillos

Arresto Menor

Good day!

I just want to ask if there is someone who can give me a legal advise especially about the Board of Pardons and Parole system.

We have a case closed last 1997 and was sentenced the accused with RECLUSION PERPETUA. Just this year, we receive a letter from the Board to respond about the parole being requested by the accused and is being in line for those cases who are to be given consideration by the Board itself.

We personally appeal to the Board and also had inquiries about the situation. As per record, the accused has served 23 years already wherein the actual years of service is only 17 years only. According to the clerk on duty, RECLUSION PERPETUA inmates "MAY NOW APPLY FOR A PAROLE AS LONG AS HE HAD 15 MINIMUM YEARS OF SERVICE INSIDE".

But, the clerk said that it will still take long to approve the request since it will still undergo due processess.

I have several questions that I want to make clear because of this situation:

1. How many years can an accused apply for a Parole?
2. What are the grounds of the Board to consider a Parole?
3. Is it true that the victim's immediate family (or whosoever might be related to the victim) will not be notified anymore of the parole result?
4. How long does it usually takes to approve Parole request?
5. What is the best way to oppose this Parole request?

I am looking forward for an immediate response from anyone who can assist me with this. Thank you and God Bless you more!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum