Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Partition opposing

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Partition opposing Empty Partition opposing Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:03 pm

raskadedo

Arresto Menor

Sir:

A and B are brothers and co-owners of a titled land with a common house.

A wanted to divide the lot 50-50 but XYZ, heirs of the deceased B is opposing.

Is judicial settlement the right remedy? Will it still pass in the barangay level?

Thank you.

2Partition opposing Empty Re: Partition opposing Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:28 pm

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

You can partition the thing owned in common. You have the right to separate from co-ownership.

Art. 494. No co-owner shall be obliged to remain in the co-ownership. Each co-owner may demand at any time the partition of the thing owned in common, insofar as his share is concerned.

As to partition, it should pertain only as so much as to your share only.

Judicial settlement is not a remedy as there is nothing to settle in here, you just assert your right just exercise it. You can dispose your property at your own will. Their opposition is misplaced.

3Partition opposing Empty Re: Partition opposing Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:35 pm

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

You can sell your share even without their consent and notwithstanding the opposition. They can file a case but it will not prosper.

4Partition opposing Empty Re: Partition opposing Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:24 pm

taxconsultantdavao

Reclusion Perpetua

yes. judicial partition is the remedy if the partition cannot be settled extrajudicially ( without the intervention of the courts)

if the partition can be settled without the intervention of the courts just like when the parties will agree as to the identification of specific lots or specific area, they can just execute a written agreement. in that case, the said agreement is called extrajudicial partition. ang mangyari niyan is nagkasundo kayo na si 1st co-owner , dito ang lupa niya sa bandang east hanggang sa dulo at si 2nd co-owner dito ang lupa niya sa west hanggang sa dulo. or minsan, hati sila sa frontage equally. or minsan, me magpayag na sa kanya ang sa likod at ang isang owner, sa kanya ang me road frontage. TURUAN NA IYAN NG SPECIFIC AT IDENTIFIED AREA sa whole property. after magka agree kayo, kuha kayo ng geodetic engineer para ma plot na ang specific areas niyo. gawa iyan sya ng survey plan at technical description. tapos after that, mag execute kayo ng extrajudicial partition sa abogado. at saka, iyong technical description at survey plan niyo, ipa approve dapat iyan sa LMB (DENR) para maging public record na at para ma recognize ng ROD. AFTER sa extrajudicial partition at approval ng survey plan, me splitting of title na sa ROD. AFTER payments of other fees, maglabas na ang titulo under sa name ng co-owners. me specified na na area sila sa whole property based on the technical description.

if the parties could not agree as to the identification of their lots and other issues on partition, there is no other remedy but to file a judicial partition with the courts. In filing the judicial partition with the courts, the parties are aware that the issue of partition and the identification of specific area and other issues will be left to the discretion or best judgement of the court.

minsan kasi, iyong iba, nagpapapresyo. gusto ng ibang c0-owner (usually co-heir), gusto nila, sa kanila ang frontage ng property. if hindi ibigay ang frontage, hindi sila magpirma sa partition. ihostage nila kumbaga ang pagpartition.

minsan naman, ang gusto ng ibang co-owner, ang hatian, iyong area niya, malayo sa river. minsan naman, ang isang co-owner, gusto niya sa patag na area kasi daw mahirap lang sya at ang ibang co-owner, mayaman na. kaya daw dapat pagbigyan sya. minsan, nagiging emotional ang partition at minsan din nagiging irrational.

kaya ang court ang mag determine kung paano ba fair ang hatian. si court ang magsabi ganito ang partition kasi among themselves, hindi man magka agree ang co-owners. ang thinking kasi ng mga co-owner , puro gusto sa kanya ang magandang parte ng lupa.

Last edited by taxconsultantdavao on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total

5Partition opposing Empty Re: Partition opposing Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:47 am

taxconsultantdavao

Reclusion Perpetua

yes. a co-owner may sell his share even without the consent of the other co-heirs. but the buyer may still get the selling co-owner's undivided and unidentified share in the whole property. meaning, hindi mo alam saan ang lupa mo doon sa whole property na iyon. if me 4 co-owners, me 1/4 share ang buyer na iyon pero hindi niya alam where doon. alam mo na me 1/4 ka , pero as to saan, hindi pa identified. kaya nga undivided.

if ayaw ng co-owners na magpartition extrajudicially, walang magawa ang buyer na iyon kundi magfile ng judicial partition.

Last edited by taxconsultantdavao on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total

6Partition opposing Empty Re: Partition opposing Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:15 am

taxconsultantdavao

Reclusion Perpetua

at di ko lang matandaan, me right yata ang other co-owners to redeem the sold share from the party na hindi co-owner (buyer). iyan ang hindi ako sure. pakicomment lang po.

7Partition opposing Empty Re: Partition opposing Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:49 am

taxconsultantdavao

Reclusion Perpetua

going back sa tanong ni raskadedo, mas ok if extrajudicial partition sana. idaan mo sa meeting. if hindi talaga magpayag, idaan mo sa barangay (not because needed sa under the law processes pero dahil baka mapakiusapan ng barangay captain na magpayag ang anak ng deceased co-owner na magpartition na lang.

always make it a point na magsettle kau outside sa court. kasi pagpunta ninyo sa court, me conciliation proceeding man din doon. tapos if walang pag asa magconciliation, ang tagal ng judicial partition. minimum na iyang one year. tatagal pa iyan if madugo ang labanan sa korte.

kaya it always pay if i exhaust mo ang remedy outside sa court. mas mabuti na mapartition iyan na walang judicial intervention. baka pala, makita niya ang wisdom through the barangay captain or iyong ibang tao

8Partition opposing Empty Re: Partition opposing Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:37 pm

kolokoy7949

kolokoy7949
Prision Correccional

We also need to consider the issue of the common house. It happend once, in one of our kapitbahay. The poor house was also divided. Sinira yung half ng bahay then the other sibling sold the lot. It was an ancestral home.

9Partition opposing Empty Re: Partition opposing Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:50 pm

taxconsultantdavao

Reclusion Perpetua

oo nga pala no. ang common house... that is one option. cut into half ang house. if hindi talaga puwede, sell it at ang proceeds na lang ang idivide. nangyari iyan dito sa davao. commercial property with an old house din. kaso ang mga heirs, mga anak 12 sila. so hindi talaga puwede gibain ang house into 12. kaya nagpakasunduan na ipasell na lang at idivide ang proceeds into 12.

10Partition opposing Empty Re: Partition opposing Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:54 pm

kolokoy7949

kolokoy7949
Prision Correccional

Yup,thats the thing they might encounter pag marami heirs.

11Partition opposing Empty Re: Partition opposing Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:49 am

raskadedo

Arresto Menor

Thanks to all, it would help a lot.

God bless.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum