Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

is there a law on transients or short term rental scheme?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

janelopez1212

Arresto Menor

I would like to open a room rental business catering to tourists...and is it possible to rent out condominium property on short term basis or we call transient? Is it my right as an owner and a property manager? Thank you if you could give me advice as the building admin is harassing me because it is a condotel and they are accusing me of competing with their business if I ever accept transients....they call it a hotel with in a hotel...it is very hard to get a long term tenants so while vacant, I accept short term tenants rather than keep the rooms vacant for long time...please help me...I am very upset with how the building administration harasses me in favor of hotel...they won't let me accept new tenant until one month is finished thereby making my room vacant if its only used for 2 weeks...so for the next 2 weeks, they won't let me accept tenants which I thinks is not fair as I know that almost everybody does it even advertising on news papers...I hope to get reply from you as soon as possible...thank you

foobarph

foobarph
Prision Mayor

if it is provided in your contract that you cannot sub-lease the property in any manner, you cannot do it in any way. if it is a condotel, presumably, you are there to be the one who should use the room, and not other people. in short, you use it for your personal gain, not for business or gain advantage to others.

but if you cannot wait, give them demand letter to EXPLAIN with their legal/contract basis why they are not letting you use your property the way you want it. at least, you can use such letter later as basis of your good faith in proceeding with your business in mind. good luck.

janelopez1212

Arresto Menor

Thank u for your reply...its very kind of u to give me advice...I have a contract with the owner that I can sublease it...that's why I lock in rooms otherwise I will not lock it in...I just want to know if its legal to do transient or short term rentals other than yearly or monthly...thank u

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum