Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can you file bigamy to a person who is converted to Muslim?

+2
AWV
Sawie Muhammad
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sawie Muhammad

Arresto Menor

I'm a muslim by birth. Ang husband ko po is a christian by birth pero converted to Islam last 2013, before we got married. Pero kasal na po sya dati. He was married to his first christian wife nong 2011. Can she still file for bigamy? he is now a muslim. What I know is that in muslim law (sharia law) poligamy is allowed.

Please advise.

thanks

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

If he was converted before marrying you then she cannot sue him for bigamy.

Sawie Muhammad

Arresto Menor

Thanks po

rose1976

Arresto Menor

married po ako twice sa tribal marriage, pero sa first marriage ko christian wedding po yon. my new husband wants me and my kids to migrate to U.S. pero hindi po annul yong first marriage ko..kailangan pa ba ipa annul young first marriage para maka process kami ng visa or accepted ng U.S ang tribal marriage law dito.?

rosepetals

Arresto Menor

AWV wrote:If he was converted before marrying you then she cannot sue him for bigamy.

he can be charge for bigamy if there was no consent from the first wife. ask a lawyer who is expert in muslim laws.

Nash Kasim

Arresto Menor

rosepetals wrote:
AWV wrote:If he was converted before marrying you then she cannot sue him for bigamy.

he can be charge for bigamy if there was no consent from the first wife. ask a lawyer who is expert in muslim laws.

He can be sued for bigamy even though he had converted to Islam since his first marriage was under the Civil rites. He should have annulled his first marriage first.

zaid

Arresto Menor

he can be sued for bigamy because his first marriage was subsisting while he conducted second marriage under muslim laws.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum