Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tenant harassment by a Condominium HOA

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tenant harassment by a Condominium HOA Empty Tenant harassment by a Condominium HOA Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:38 pm

darklord408

Arresto Menor

Hello Good Day,

Need some legal advice as if the harassment gets worse i'll need to protect myself and my wife.

Year 2012 and we moved to a condominium unit in pasig as it is needed to live nearby our workplace because it is getting difficult to travel back and forth from our province to our office location.

As time passed by we just realized that the place we are currently renting is too small for us and out beloved pet beagle.

Year 2013 we decided to move to the new building in the same condominium development as it is much bigger. Before moving in and paying the necessary dues as well as signing the contract I repeatedly asked the agent if pets are allowed in the new building. I was told "Yes".

Come two months later I received a note from the guard that I am being accused of violating the condo HOA house rules. I was shocked and to my dismay, written in the letter i was told that my pet is peeing in the elevator and polluting hallways with dog poo, which isn't even true as it has become accustomed to me to clean up my dogs mess. In their so called HOA house rules it was stated that no pets are allowed. "say what?" That phrased popped out of my head

I raised my concern to the "so called" floor representatives. There was nothing agreed on and the issue just seemed to vanished... I was wrong

Couple of days ago i received another letter stating again that I violated the HOA rules regarding the no pet policy. I was so pissed that I feel that i am being harassed. It was even stated in the letter that in the 3rd time i am not doing anything to resolve the issue I will be brought to the baranggay for complaint.

I tried to do some research and I found out that any HOA and its rules and regulations needs to pass with the requirements of HLURB. I went to HLURB and as I expected the HOA isn't registered.

In my opinion all their fancy rules and regulation seems to be null and void as well as their officers which doesn't seem to be elected. I was told by the HOA officer that the developer amended the officers (what? amended?)

Me and my wife just renewed our contract for another six months and this issue is bothering us. I was just supposed to finish the current contract as i'm not satisfied with the services and the bureaucracy of the management in the condo unit. We still even have the two month deposit in the hands of the landlord and i'm having second thoughts of getting it and leaving the place but after all the harassment and insult i got I wanted to fight for my right. Both of us are worried that the developer will do something ridiculous and evict us

Hope someone can give advise so neither the developer or the HOA can kick us out of our leased unit. Thanks!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum