Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Resignation and Unused Vacation Leave

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Resignation and Unused Vacation Leave Empty Resignation and Unused Vacation Leave Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:41 pm

pren_hall01

Arresto Menor

Hi folks,

It's my first time here is this forum. Hope someone can shed some light.

The company has a policy that only 10 days of Vacation Leave is convertible to cash at the end of the year, if the number of VLs exceed 10, it would be carried over to the next year. If an employee resigned and upon completion of 30-day notice period, he still has 15 days of unused VLs. The company would only pay 10 days as part of back pay upon resignation. Is it legal that the remaining 5 days would not be compensated? I mean it was gathered because they are also requesting employees to work during Saturdays and just give them additional 1 day of VL.

Thanks in advance.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Seems fair to me, especially if it's in the policy.

The remaining 5 days are "motivation" for you to use them by not leaving the company - or if you do, make sure that you only have 10 days VL left.

http://www.councilviews.com

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

if it's in the company policy and you are aware of it, it's legal. Labor law only recognizes 5 days Service Incentive Leave, if you are receiving more, then it's company's prerogative and they can implement rules on how they are used or converted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum