Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Robbed in the dormitory/pension

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Robbed in the dormitory/pension Empty Robbed in the dormitory/pension Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:07 pm

deeva89

Arresto Menor

I am renting a room in a pension/dormitory. last april 28, while I was working in a graveyard shift someone broke in and robbed my laptop and 21' flatscreen TV worth 30,000 and 17,000 respectively. the security guard in duty didn't notice the robbers passed by and took my things. (he usually sleeps in duty, all boarders can testify that and i got a picture that he sleeps while he is on duty) The owners told me that the security agency will pay for the things I lost. but the security agency wont pay me as they told me that they are not an insurance company to pay in such event. The owner told me that i can file a case against the agency, so first i filed it in barangay but the agency said they will only pay if mandated by the court.

since we don't have any contract with the agency, can i file a case against them directly? the owner (who is also a lawyer but lazy to take action) told me to file a case against her and she will file 3rd party liable to the agency. its quite a hassle and costly, in this situation is there a big chance i can win? what can I file against the owner? or agency?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum