Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CCTV inside dormitory rooms

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CCTV inside dormitory rooms Empty CCTV inside dormitory rooms Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:01 am

jennon

Arresto Menor

Itatanong ko lang po, inside a dormitory room that also doubles as a changing room and locker room, legal po ba ang paglagay ng CCTV? I understand the need for them to prevent crimem, at nakakatulong nga talaga sa prevention of theft, but I think they violate the following as per House Bill 6672 (CCTV Act of 2012):

Section 4 - Notice of Surveillance

Wala pong written notice na under CCTV ang area.

Section 5 - Prohibited Surveillance

As the rooms double up as changing rooms, I do not think it is reasonable for the rooms to have CCTV cameras installed.

Please enlighten me regarding this matter.

2CCTV inside dormitory rooms Empty Re: CCTV inside dormitory rooms Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:48 pm

attyLLL

you can't invoke a house bill because that isn't a law yet.

write a letter to the management of the dormitory. you can elevate it to the bgy or even the courts

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3CCTV inside dormitory rooms Empty Re: CCTV inside dormitory rooms Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:41 am

jennon

Arresto Menor

Ah I see, thanks po. What laws can we refer to with regards to privacy? I feel na intrusive po kasi ang presence ng CCTV sa loob ng kwarto ng dormitory.

4CCTV inside dormitory rooms Empty Re: CCTV inside dormitory rooms Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:57 am

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

It is the the constitution that provides privacy.

Section 3.

The privacy of communication and correspondence shall be inviolable except upon lawful order of the court, or when public safety or order requires otherwise, as prescribed by law.

Any evidence obtained in violation of this or the preceding section shall be inadmissible for any purpose in any proceeding.

It is the privacy of communication of the parties that are protected.

Last edited by shad_marasigan on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional Information)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum