Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

BPO: Salary Deduction for HMO without my permission

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Uzzi

Arresto Menor

Dear Attorney/s:

Good day.

I would like to know what to do with the situation I'm in. Please help.

I am currently employed in a well-known BPO company. I have a "free" HMO membership. However, for my dependent's membership to be free, I need to serve one year in this company. If I choose to add a dependent without waiting for a year, I need to pay for the dependent's membership.

My dependent lives outside the country and we recently had plans of sending him back to Philippines to continue his studies. However, plans changed and we've decided to send him back only after he finishes middle school.

During our HR talk, they've set an expectation that if we did not submit our dependent's documents together with ours, the processing time may take a while (3-4 months).

After 5 months of stay, I've decided to submit an application for my dependent. But, I did not submit any documents like, my dependent's birth certificate. After 1-2 months, the company is already deducting an amount for my dependent's HMO membership.

I consulted the team concerned, and they requested from the HMO company to cancel my dependent's membership. However, up until now, I am still getting salary deductions from the company.

- The team asked me to submit a written letter of request (for cancellation), which they told me, they have already forwarded to the HMO company.

**(Do they only stop deducting an amount from my salary when the HMO ceased my dependent's application?)
**(It seems like they have no plans of giving me a refund for the service that we never used.)

- The team knows that we never used the HMO benefits because my dependent still lives outside the country.

I have been communicating this issue with them for the whole month of April and today, when I saw my pay slip (May 8, 2014) another deduction showed up. This is the third time.

Again, please help.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

- Uzzi

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum