Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bigamy case

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Bigamy case  Empty Bigamy case Wed May 07, 2014 10:34 am

Adrian Stephens

Arresto Menor

I have met a lady from Iloilo and we have been together 2 years and plan to marry. She has been married twice. First marriage to a Pinoy and second to a Japanese national. Both marriages took place in Manila.
At present she is filing for annulment for the first marriage and court hearing date is Aug 2014.

My request for advice is for the second marriage, when she married the second time she was unaware the requirement to get the first marriage annulled and the official did not ask the question nor was she given any forms to fill out. She has since obtained a divorce in japan but has not logged any form in the Philippines. Can she file to have the second marriage made void on the grounds of being married at the time? How long will the process take ? Will she make herself open for prosecution. Would this be the better way to get the marriage annulled

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum