Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unpaid Weekend and Holiday Overtime

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unpaid Weekend and Holiday Overtime Empty Unpaid Weekend and Holiday Overtime Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:48 am

happy_asalways

Arresto Menor

Good day. I am working as a Sales Officer but thru phone on a credit card company/bank. Are we included on the exempt for Overtime regulations? We are receiving monthly salaries and allowance but we can get monetary incentives on top of it after hitting certain threshold. Everyday we are rendering 1 hour OT from Monday to Friday and around 5 hours OT on Saturdays at least twice a month. We we're just given transportation allowance and meal allowance when we finish at least 5 hours of OT on Saturdays. But those allowances evenwhen combined is much less than our regular daily wage. For meal allowance, they now require Official receipt for reimbursement but only up to 125php. Moreover, all regular holidays that were mandated last year including Independence Day we're unpaid and not even transportation or meal allowances were provided. If these are valid violations by that company, can we file a complaint even without a record? Our attendance were recorded thru a database but I guess we can have out contract and payouts to be printed online as proof.

Thanks in advance!

2Unpaid Weekend and Holiday Overtime Empty Re: Unpaid Weekend and Holiday Overtime Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:56 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

happy_asalways wrote:Good day. I am working as a Sales Officer but thru phone on a credit card company/bank. Are we included on the exempt for Overtime regulations? We are receiving monthly salaries and allowance but we can get monetary incentives on top of it after hitting certain threshold. Everyday we are rendering 1 hour OT from Monday to Friday and around 5 hours OT on Saturdays at least twice a month. We we're just given transportation allowance and meal allowance when we finish at least 5 hours of OT on Saturdays. But those allowances evenwhen combined is much less than our regular daily wage. For meal allowance, they now require Official receipt for reimbursement but only up to 125php. Moreover, all regular holidays that were mandated last year including Independence Day we're unpaid and not even transportation or meal allowances were provided. If these are valid violations by that company, can we file a complaint even without a record? Our attendance were recorded thru a database but I guess we can have out contract and payouts to be printed online as proof.

Thanks in advance!

What's your employment status? Regular? Project-based? Consultant?

What is in your contract regarding work hours and days?

It is possible that saturday work 2x a month is part of your monthly salary so no OT pay is really given.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Unpaid Weekend and Holiday Overtime Empty Re: Unpaid Weekend and Holiday Overtime Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:59 am

happy_asalways

Arresto Menor

I'm a regular employee and had been with the company for 2 years. Our contract is just 8 working hours a day for 5 days in a week.

4Unpaid Weekend and Holiday Overtime Empty Re: Unpaid Weekend and Holiday Overtime Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:01 pm

happy_asalways

Arresto Menor

And by the way, that mandatory Saturday work just started last year when the goal was raised.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum