Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sufficient proof for nullity and void of marriage?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

probertp

Arresto Menor

I will be moving to the Philippines in June. I met my fiance, a filipina, when she was here. After I move we wish to marry.

She was married once before but her "husband" left her 6 years ago and never provided support or visited their children.

Her marriage certificate says she was 18 years at the time. BUT her birth certificate, registered 2 days after birth, proves that she was only 13 years old at the time of her marriage.  

Is the proof of age on her birth certificate sufficient to get a declaration of nullity to void her marriage?

If so then she does not need to have her marriage annuled. Is this correct???

udmlaw

Reclusion Temporal

Her marriage certificate says she was 18 years at the time. BUT her birth certificate, registered 2 days after birth, proves that she was only 13 years old at the time of her marriage. �

Is the proof of age on her birth certificate sufficient to get a declaration of nullity to void her marriage?
1. Yes.
2. TAlk to a lawyer
3. File a case nullity on the ground of minority
4. Good luck.

If so then she does not need to have her marriage annuled. Is this correct???
1. No.
2. Parties cannot on their own decide that their marriage is void and remarry immediately.
3. Case needs to be filed to make the "Void" marriage declared not existing.
4. Talk to a lawyer
5. FIle a case
6. Good luck.

Last edited by udmlaw on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

probertp

Arresto Menor

udmlaw:

Thank you. What I meant by my second question is:

If she obtains the the certificate of nullity with her attorney in court, THEN

She will not also need an annulment.

The certificate of nullity will be enough for us to marry, correct?

Caring Father

Arresto Menor

I'm amazed her parents allowed her to marry at 13

OMG !

By the way, as she is still only 18, she will need permission from parents to marry you

probertp

Arresto Menor

Caring Father wrote:I'm amazed her parents allowed her to marry at 13

OMG !

By the way, as she is still only 18, she will need permission from parents to marry you

Being married at 13 was her mother's idea.
BTW, she is now 35 years old, not 18.

Caring Father

Arresto Menor

Ah ok, sorry friend

Misread your message

I am sure null and void if she was 13 and did not have parents written consent ( Also sure that must be illegal)

Good luck

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum