Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Retrenchment and Forced Leave

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Retrenchment and Forced Leave Empty Retrenchment and Forced Leave Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:55 pm

mmtnarvasa

Arresto Menor

Hi! My employer of a year told me yesterday, April 9, 2014 that they would have to retrench me due to economic loss, and that my final date would be on April 16, 2014.

They have agreed to give me one month retrenchment pay, which is good. However, since on the law, it is required that they inform me 30 days ahead, they told me that in my COE, they will indicate that I ended on May 9. 2014 but was on leave without pay from April 17-May.

Is this something they can do legally? Or are the grounds to support me on not getting any pay from April 17-May 9?

Thanks!

Last edited by mmtnarvasa on Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar error)

2Retrenchment and Forced Leave Empty Re: Retrenchment and Forced Leave Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:11 pm

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

You can file a complaint at DOLE. But since you are just employed for 1 year and they are giving you 1 month salary on top of your pay, you let it go since it would just be a slight differential.

3Retrenchment and Forced Leave Empty Re: Retrenchment and Forced Leave Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:11 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

just agree and get your 1 month retrenchment pay.

4Retrenchment and Forced Leave Empty Re: Retrenchment and Forced Leave Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:47 pm

udmlaw

Reclusion Temporal

Is this something they can do legally? Or are the grounds to support me on not getting any pay from April 17-May 9?

Not worth the time filing a case. Swerte mo nga may Certificate of Employment na ibibigay. Others fight tooth and nail to get one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum