Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Resigned Already but was Not Allowed to Leave

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

leija

Arresto Menor

Hello!

I handed my resignation letter last March 12, 2014 to my supervisor and the partner (owner of the partnership, specifically the managing partner) was informed that same day. There were no reactions whatsoever and I was not called to speak about it. It will be effective this April 12, 2014. Just last week I've been hearing things from my co-employees that they were talking about my resignation. They were talking about my resignation if it would still pursue. My supervisor is aware that I already have a job and I informed her that I will start this May (she also did not react). Still, my boss did not have any conversation with me about the matter. Then, just yesterday, I was informed by our admin officer that our boss asked her to make a memo stating that I will not be allowed to leave unless they are able to find a replacement for me. Is that valid? Currently, they are not yet looking for a replacement (no job postings yet), and it is only two weeks until the effective date of my resignation.

Is that valid that I should stay for an indefinite period of time with my current employer, even if I have already rendered the standard 30 days? My concern is that since there is no date of my last date as per my boss, what would I tell to my future employer if asked when I would be able to start? Of course I can't say I don't know.

Please give me advice on this matter. Thank you.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

leija wrote:Hello!

I handed my resignation letter last March 12, 2014 to my supervisor and the partner (owner of the partnership, specifically the managing partner) was informed that same day. There were no reactions whatsoever and I was not called to speak about it. It will be effective this April 12, 2014. Just last week I've been hearing things from my co-employees that they were talking about my resignation. They were talking about my resignation if it would still pursue. My supervisor is aware that I already have a job and I informed her that I will start this May (she also did not react). Still, my boss did not have any conversation with me about the matter. Then, just yesterday, I was informed by our admin officer that our boss asked her to make a memo stating that I will not be allowed to leave unless they are able to find a replacement for me. Is that valid? Currently, they are not yet looking for a replacement (no job postings yet), and it is only two weeks until the effective date of my resignation.

Is that valid that I should stay for an indefinite period of time with my current employer, even if I have already rendered the standard 30 days? My concern is that since there is no date of my last date as per my boss, what would I tell to my future employer if asked when I would be able to start? Of course I can't say I don't know.

Please give me advice on this matter. Thank you.

You have given the necessary requirements for resignation. That is enough.

Do you have a copy of the resignation letter that has been received/accepted?

http://www.councilviews.com

leija

Arresto Menor

The copy sent to my boss is now filed in my employee records.

Should the receiving copy be signed? I'm not sure if it was already signed as I was informed right after it was handed to my boss that she did not react and just read the letter back then.

What if it was not signed? Can I just email it for documentation with the same date I passed the hard copy?

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

leija wrote:The copy sent to my boss is now filed in my employee records.

Should the receiving copy be signed? I'm not sure if it was already signed as I was informed right after it was handed to my boss that she did not react and just read the letter back then.

What if it was not signed? Can I just email it for documentation with the same date I passed  the hard copy?

You have no proof that they received or accepted your resignation. You may have a more difficult time with that.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum