Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this a estafa case?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is this a estafa case? Empty Is this a estafa case? Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:57 pm

dupedbypartner

Arresto Menor

I left the Philippines and migrated in the US in 2003 with an unsettled debt of 700K. What happend was, I ordered some furniture for a project then failed to pay the balance. When I left, I had an understanding with my partner that I will send her money and she would settle the balance. I found out that she did not pay a single cent of what I had sent her. Now she is nowhere to be found.

I am planning on going back this October for business trip and also settle the matter once and for all. However I am afraid that the company where I owe the money might have already filed a criminal case against me.

My questions are as follows:

1. Can they file a Warrant of arrest, Hold Departure Order or Watch List Order? I am afraid I might get arrested at the airport. (The house where I used to live was flooded and I have no way of knowing if there were demand letters sent by the company)

2. If there is a criminal case filed, how do I find out?

3. Is this considered estafa case?

4. How can I find out if I have a Hold departure order?

2Is this a estafa case? Empty Re: Is this a estafa case? Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:55 pm

attyLLL

did you issue checks to acquire the furniture? For your order, how much were you able to pay which left the balance?

It's difficult to speculate whether a criminal case has been filed. If there is a likely court where they would file a case, it would be at the place where the furniture was delivered or at the place of the company where damage was experienced.

For one of the posters here which was represented by our office, what we did was to verify in the courts, NBI, Bureau of Immigration, and office of the prosecutor. Your legal representative can do the same prior to your arrival.

You can also consider contacting the company directly or through a lawyer or representative. This seems feasible because you plan to pay. good luck.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Is this a estafa case? Empty Re: Is this a estafa case? Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:32 am

dupedbypartner

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your reply.

The company was my supplier for several years. So I have religiously paid them until I left for the US. All checks I paid them were fully funded. Nothing bounced. I believe this is not a case of BP-22.

How long does it normally take to check at BI, NBI and CIDG?

Salamat po!

4Is this a estafa case? Empty Re: Is this a estafa case? Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:04 pm

attyLLL

a full check will take about 2 weeks to a month. good luck.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum