Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Complicated Matters on My Mom's Birth Certificate

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Gezza

Arresto Menor

My mother was born in 1954. When she asked for the original copy of her birth certificate from NSO Makati, what they gave her was her older sister's birth certificate. Their reason was her Ate was registered in their system as 1954 and that my mother is not registered. Her Ate was really born in 1953 and she had been using that birth year ever since. She has been in the US for 30 years now and all her documents state that her birth date is in the year 1953.

She produced the documents she has indicating her birth date. She gave them her Marriage Certificate, her IDs during college, her Dependent's ID (since my father was a PNP officer), her Postal ID, her TIN ID. She even produced copies of her Ate's documents which was emailed to her from US. The documents she presented were her USRN License, Philippine Nurse License, her driver's license and her Marriage Certificate. But still, they asked her to present other documents.

My mother was asked to produce a baptismal certificate for her and her Ate. She was informed by her other siblings that they were baptized in Fort Bonifacio Taguig since my lolo was part of the Army then. When she got there, she was informed that they do not have her and her Ate's names in their baptismal registry. She even looked for nearby churches in Taguig to inquire, but to no avail.

She informed them about this, and now they are asking for her to produce their oldest possible report cards. I don't know if this is possible since report cards usually are dispensable in the school's registrar especially in elementary and high school.

Now, we are clueless on what to do. IF my Mom would be able to produce ALL the documents they are asking, my question is, what would be the next process of the NSO? Would it take a lot of time to process such case and would it require for us to have a lawyer? It's a rather urgent matter. I would greatly appreciate your response.

Gezza

Arresto Menor

And, aren't the documents she had already presented enough for them to start investigating on this matter? The last thing my Mom would be engaged in is FRAUD. I just don't get what the Makati CRO are up to.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum