Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Concern for my daughter's future

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Concern for my daughter's future Empty Concern for my daughter's future Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:13 pm

ONALA

Arresto Menor

Hi!

I have a daughter who is 2 y/o. I am only 28 y/o and my daughter's father is 64 y/o and married. We have been talking about my kid's future. He wants to get an insurance that can assign my daughter as beneficiary. Without the wife knowing about it. But in the first place, he doesn't want to acknowledge my daughter as her daughter because this can complicate things if his wife will find out.

Can he also make a separate will for my daughter without any of his family knowing it?

Whats the best move so my daughter's future will be assured?

2Concern for my daughter's future Empty Re: Concern for my daughter's future Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:41 pm

attyLLL

so what does it say on your child's birth certificate as the father? blank? he did not sign it?

the insurance policy is a good step; you can also explore educational plans, and other investment instruments. just make sure it is name to the child and not you because he is prohibited from giving to you. other possibilities are trust funds, and cash based assets. a financing expert would be in a better position to help you and much depends on how much will be invested.

note, once the father dies, your child will no longer have the opportunity to establish her filiation to the the father. i would still advise you to try to acquire written proof that he is the father such as emails and letters. thank him for support and gifts to the child and hope he responds. you will need this if he suddenly stops giving support.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Concern for my daughter's future Empty Re: Concern for my daughter's future Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:37 pm

ONALA

Arresto Menor

In the birth certificate its blank. But as of now we are paying for a property but its under my name. As if im the one paying for it. But now we are looking at insurance for another option. He is already off age but he is healthy and all but we never know what can happen next.

As far as i know. The father cannot designate my daughter as beneficiary in insurance because no insurable interest. He did not acknowledge my daughter in writing. But he is definitely willing to secure her future.

My worry is what if something happened to him. I definitely cant raise my daughter alone.

Thank you again..

4Concern for my daughter's future Empty Re: Concern for my daughter's future Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:59 pm

attyLLL

the best move you can make is to get him to acknowledge his daughter or file a petition for filiation. you can only do so while both of them are alive.

you are correct, there is no insurable interest if they do not have any relation on paper. try other financial instruments. good luck.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum