Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buying used items

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Buying used items Empty Buying used items Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:40 pm

liz22

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I bought a used television from an online seller. We spoke through text and I was assured that it is in working condition and the family is still using it even though it is 6 or 5 yrs old. I also saw pictures of the TV on the ad they posted that it is turned on and working. I asked them to bring the unit outside and wait for me so I can just pick it up and go. When I got home and tested the TV it has power on standby but I am not able to turn it on. I contacted the seller and they said that they are very sure that it is still working since they are still watching before I came to pick it up.

Any recourse on this? Can I still give the TV back and refund my money? I know I should have tested it before paying but I was very confident that it was OK.

Thanks!

2Buying used items Empty Re: Buying used items Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:06 am

stargazer

Arresto Mayor

unless the seller has given you his/her personal warranty on the used item for a period then i think you could ask to have the item repaired or better returned.

usually 2nd hand items are sold on a as-is basis thats why it the buyer should always check the items first for defects.

from the buyers point of view, if he is really telling the truth that the merchandise is really working, then he have no way to know if the defect was brought about by mishandling of the item after the sales.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum