Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are casual employees entitle to 13th month pay?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Myyclam

Arresto Menor

A casual employee just reported about 25 days in one year and is now demanding for 13th month pay. Are they entitle to it? Pls advice thanks

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

Yes. They are still entitled. You can give the pro-rated amount.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Myyclam wrote:A casual employee just reported about 25 days in one year and is now demanding for 13th month pay.  Are they entitle to it? Pls advice thanks

I beg to disagree with HR Adviser.

Strictly speaking - no.

The guidelines mention that it is required, "provided that they have worked for at least one month during the calendar year."

And when we say one month -

"Article 13. When the laws speak of years, months, days or nights, it shall be understood that -
years are of three hundred sixty-five days each;
months, of thirty days;
days, of twenty-four hours;
and nights from sunset to sunrise."

http://www.councilviews.com

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

Thanks for the info council..

Smile

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

council wrote:
Myyclam wrote:A casual employee just reported about 25 days in one year and is now demanding for 13th month pay.  Are they entitle to it? Pls advice thanks

I beg to disagree with HR Adviser.

Strictly speaking - no.

The guidelines mention that it is required, "provided that they have worked for at least one month during the calendar year."

And when we say one month -

"Article 13. When the laws speak of years, months, days or nights, it shall be understood that -
years are of three hundred sixty-five days each;
months, of thirty days;
days, of twenty-four hours;
and nights from sunset to sunrise."

I might make a slight disagreement also.

Current policy in 13th month payment is that all absences are being deducted to a full month payment.
So it follows also that they counted every minute or days that your absent therefore even less than 30 days lng pinasok dapat may pro-rated sya na 13th month dba?
kung 25 days lng pinasok nya dapat maging ganito:

13th month due= 25days/30days x monthly rate divided 12.

at least khit 50.00 pesos man yan result na makukuha may pambili sya ng fish ball at gulaman.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

alexisbantilan wrote:I might make a slight disagreement also.

Current policy in 13th month payment is that all absences are being deducted to a full month payment.
So it follows also that they counted every minute or days that your absent therefore even less than 30 days lng pinasok dapat may pro-rated sya na  13th month dba?
kung 25 days lng pinasok nya dapat maging ganito:

13th  month due= 25days/30days x monthly rate divided 12.

at least khit 50.00 pesos man yan result na makukuha may pambili sya ng fish ball at gulaman.

Possible.

The minimum 13th month pay required by law shall not be less than one-twelfth of the total basic salary earned by an employee within a calendar year.

But unless very meticulous ang company, they would not bother doing that, computing to exclude absences and tardiness except for long periods of leave without pay (suspensions, maternity leave, etc).

But first, the 30-day working requirement should be complied.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum