Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canadian Wife did fixed marriage to acquire immigration status.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jay_010

Arresto Menor

My present wife committed an immigration fraud and paid her ex-husband cash amounting to CA20, 000$ to agree and marry her so she could acquire her Canadian Permanent Residency and continue to stay and work in Canada. I have found out recently when I tried to acquire copies of our marriage certificate in the Philippines and found out that our church wedding held last May 2009 was not registered due to a reason that my wife was already been married. I have asked a colleague to verify, as he was the one who accommodated my wife during her early stay in Canada. He confirmed that my wife was previously married and committed marriage immigration fraud so she could stay in Canada. I have immediately approached her ex-husband who I also later found out that he used to be a college instructor but also a known "homosexual"(sorry for the word) in the Philippines before he migrated and acquired a Canadian citizenship. I have worked hard overseas for many years and risking my life in war countries so I could be able to support and give a good life to my family but when I have found out this kind of fraud that my wife has committed, I personally dont want to be associated with, this is a crime and should be punishable by law. I dont want our kids to be with her protection knowing and fearing that she will get arrested and might put my kids life in danger. I need your advise and assistance on how to proceed and report this type of crime.

attyLLL

jay, i dont' think this is the real reason you want to end your relationship. even it it were, note that many people have committed wrongs in the past but can still raise good families.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

I doubt you will be involve in this fraud crime, it will be between her and the Canadian citizen husband. If the immigration found out about this then she can be charge but living abroad its not that easy to prove they committed sham marriages or arrange marriage to obtain citizenship especially if they really know each other. In order to prove its just an arrangement, people don't normally know each other personally and the investigation is about how long they knew each other and know each other very well. If they can prove this, then there's no fraud involve but maybe there's bigamy case. But if she is outside Philippines jurisdiction then you cannot sue her for bigamy unless she step back in the Philippines again and you have all the evidence like the original copy of her marriage certificate from Canada which is not possible for you to obtain.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum