Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

RA 9710 and SSS sickness benefit

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1RA 9710 and SSS sickness benefit Empty RA 9710 and SSS sickness benefit Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:36 pm

ihzhel

Arresto Menor

When I was on my 7th month in my new company, I underwent a surgery that was cervix-related, the doctor advised me to take 60-day leave, but since the procedure was only minor and due to the call of my work, I requested to have it reduced to 30-day rest. The doctor allowed me so. The company allowed to use my 8 available Sick leave but it turned out that the SSS approved only of the 21 days (for unknown to me reasons, maybe late filing I don't know) and that's what I got, only part of the supposed to be whole month.

One of my colleagues advised me to avail this called RA 9710, she showed me the law and I asked the HR about it. It seems that they aren't familiar of the law and they told me that I did not qualify for it because (1) I must have worked for 1 year in my current company in order to claim the benefit plus (2) there is no such thing as double compensation since I already received something from SSS.

From the forums that I have read, it seems that many organizations aren't aware of such law. DOLE must strictly monitor the implementation of this.

2RA 9710 and SSS sickness benefit Empty Re: RA 9710 and SSS sickness benefit Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:20 pm

ihzhel

Arresto Menor

Please help attorney. So that the HR department would know that I am searching for legal advice since they neglect this concern of mine many times already. I even told them that this could be a concern also in the future of other women employees that we have in the company. Thanks.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum