Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Special Leave for Women ( RA 9710 )

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Special Leave for Women ( RA 9710 ) Empty Special Leave for Women ( RA 9710 ) Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:51 pm

skittle0506

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty.

We have an employee who are qualified to avail the Special Leave for Women ( RA 9710) based on the conditions of the entitlement of the said law. However, she is insisting to file a SSS Sickness Benefits.

Thus, I would like to know if she also entitled to avail Sickness Benefits since she will be availing the Special Leave for Woman?

In my opinion, just in case, there will a double compensation because the company will pay the leave based on this law so meaning complete yung number of days na pinasok ng employee and still with SSS contribution and other mandatory deduction.

One of the requirement of availing the SSS Sickness Benefits is dapat wala/ubos na ang sick leave.

Please enlighten me on this matter.

Thank you.

Arlene

Last edited by skittle0506 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong grammar)

2Special Leave for Women ( RA 9710 ) Empty Re: Special Leave for Women ( RA 9710 ) Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:39 pm

skittle0506

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty.

We have an employee who are qualified to avail the Special Leave for Women ( RA 9710) based on the conditions of the entitlement of the said law. However, she is insisting to file a SSS Sickness Benefits.

Thus, I would like to know if she also entitled to avail Sickness Benefits since she will be availing the Special Leave for Woman?

In my opinion, just in case, there will a double compensation because the company will pay the leave based on this law so meaning complete yung number of days na pinasok ng employee and still with SSS contribution and other mandatory deduction.

One of the requirement of availing the SSS Sickness Benefits is dapat wala/ubos na ang sick leave.

Please enlighten me on this matter.

Thank you.

Arlene

3Special Leave for Women ( RA 9710 ) Empty Re: Special Leave for Women ( RA 9710 ) Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:49 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

parang nanganak yan.. pag nanganak hindi naman nag fi file nang sick leave kasi may 2 months paid leave na nga from SSS.

4Special Leave for Women ( RA 9710 ) Empty Re: Special Leave for Women ( RA 9710 ) Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:06 am

wolfwise

Arresto Menor

Yes, she is still entitled to take advantage of the SSS Sickness Benefits on top of the Special Leave for Women. The two are different. Special Leave is provided by the employer under RA 9710, while SSS Sickness Benefit is provided and administered by the SSS under RA 1161, as amended. Special leave is for women who underwent surgery caused by gynecological disorders.

However, you are correct in saying that one of the conditions for receipt of allowance under SSS Sickness Benefits is that "all sick leaves of absence with full pay to the credit of the employee member shall have been exhausted".

For more info, read this: h t t p : http://pcw.gov.ph/sites/default/files/documents/laws/amended-special-leave-benefits-DOLE.pdf (remove spaces)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum